My Screen keeps freezing help plz!?

pcnoobie0418

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I recently upgraded my computer, got new graphics card,cpu,ram,motherboard and psu.

But i've been getting crashes randomly. My screen would just go white(sometimes with vertical lines), at times it would go a light blue color, and sometimes it goes black. Its not the BSOD cuz its literally just a colored screen and nothing else. I can still hear the audio coming through the speakers, the audio will only cut off if I start pressing my keyboard.

Also: I dont know if this is just a coincidence, but I often crash when using Google Chrome(especially watching streams), and I crash often when trying to play online games like league of legends, But I dont think i have ever crashed trying to play a single play game such as Far cry 3, and I've left my computer on overnight a couple of nights in a row but it doesn't crash.

I've read that it could be ram, but I've tested different RAM and it still gives me the colored screen freeze. I also heard that it could be driver issues?
SPECS:
i5-3470
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Msi R7850 PE edition
Patriot 8GB DDR3-1600MHZ Intel extreme masters edition
Coolermaster GX 650w Bronze
Windows 7

I could provide more information if needed

Solution
Well your CM PSU was summarized by HardOCP as "a polished turd in a box," but you aren't stressing it.
There's a really high factory overclock on your graphics card. Maybe it's not stable. Set it back to stock clocks and see how it does. This problem looks like a graphics card hardware issue.

pcnoobie0418

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Ya i guess i can try that, but i dont only crash only when using chrome but also when i sometimes play games, for some reason only league of legends lol, but i will expermiment more to see if its a software problem.

Well your CM PSU was summarized by HardOCP as "a polished turd in a box," but you aren't stressing it.
There's a really high factory overclock on your graphics card. Maybe it's not stable. Set it back to stock clocks and see how it does. This problem looks like a graphics card hardware issue.

Solution

pcnoobie0418

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Dont wanna jynx it, but I set the voltage down for the OC settings and i havent crashed for awhile now.

pcnoobie0418

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Also like you said it might be that the factory overclock is too high. why is it that the factory overclock only has issues on some people and not the majority of others? is it based of other hardware in your computer? Because my temps are fairly good on my gpu. 25 idle max 52 while gaming

pcnoobie0418

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Ya my problem is fixed now after underclocking it, probably not gonna RMA it, since i dont really need the max OC anyways. Thx for the help!