1st Time Gaming Build Before Summer!

Superbucsfan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hello all! I'm here to ask for some help on a build I've refined a little bit with the help of some of you TH'ers in the past week. I think I am about ready to jump into buying parts, but I still am a little shaky on my Video card selection, and if I'm just going to be using it for some lesser gaming on 1 monitor (granted on ultra settings) should I be aiming for a better card or Crossfire/SLI at all?

My Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ChQ8

Thanks to anyone for any help you can offer! Cheers!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Approximate Purchase Date: This week, closer is better

Budget Range: $1300-1500 After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, mostly Starcraft 2 and probably some WoW. But I really want ultra graphics in both cases. Also some engineering applications like SolidWorks/Autocad, but not with much rendering.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Completely new build

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I've been using Partpicker.com to put together most of my prices, but I do have a Microcenter (MD and VA ones around Washington DC) to buy from as well.

Parts Preferences: I really like my i7 processor in my Laptop, kind of want to show some loyalty to Intel

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: Shooting for 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I've put together the following build after some revisions proposed here on the forums and am back to ask for some opinions before I go into the buying phase.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Picking up a hobby for the end of the semester to make an awesome computer to use as a workstation/gaming desktop over the summer and into the future.

Superbucsfan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Interesting point thank you! I was actually wondering about the heat sink/fan for the CPU because I am buying one (or looking at buying one) from microcenter that doesn't come with a stock fan. But I am not looking to OC my system at all. So should I even be looking for a heat sink/CPU fan that is this bulky?

the intel heat sink works...it just a badly designed piece of plastic that people are prone to snap the legs/clips off of or that the heat sink does not lock/clip in tight or falls off from thermal cycles. people swap the intel out with cheap evo 212 or other heat sink that has screws and a back plate. the heat sinks stay on and work a lot better then the intel stock heat sink.