Direct3D error

I have installed Full Spectrum Warrior on my PC and when I try to run it I
get a "Direct3D error...create device failed". What does this mean?

I am running a Dell 2400 desktop
intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
512MB RAM
XP Professional
Sound Card is microsoft unimodem half-deluxe audio device and analog
devices, INC SoundMAX integrated digital audio

Video card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE?PE/GV grafics controller

Thanks in advance for the help
2 answers Last reply
More about direct3d error

    "keme03" <keme03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed Full Spectrum Warrior on my PC and when I try to run it I
    > get a "Direct3D error...create device failed". What does this mean?
    >
    > I am running a Dell 2400 desktop
    > intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    > 512MB RAM
    > XP Professional
    > Sound Card is microsoft unimodem half-deluxe audio device and analog
    > devices, INC SoundMAX integrated digital audio
    >
    > Video card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE?PE/GV grafics controller

    Unfortunately your graphics card isn't up to the job. Full Spectrum Warrior
    needs at least a GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500. You could probably pick up a
    suitable graphics card for around £40.

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    Thanks for the help.

    "Paul Smith" wrote:

    > "keme03" <keme03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have installed Full Spectrum Warrior on my PC and when I try to run it I
    > > get a "Direct3D error...create device failed". What does this mean?
    > >
    > > I am running a Dell 2400 desktop
    > > intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    > > 512MB RAM
    > > XP Professional
    > > Sound Card is microsoft unimodem half-deluxe audio device and analog
    > > devices, INC SoundMAX integrated digital audio
    > >
    > > Video card is Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE?PE/GV grafics controller
    >
    > Unfortunately your graphics card isn't up to the job. Full Spectrum Warrior
    > needs at least a GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500. You could probably pick up a
    > suitable graphics card for around £40.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Smith,
    > Yeovil, UK.
    > http://www.dasmirnov.net/
    > http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
    >
    > *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

Direct3D Microsoft Devices Windows XP