Sign in with
Your question

Please rate my build

Last response: in Systems
February 9, 2013 12:03:38 AM

Basically I want to be able to connect 3 high resmonitors and my 42 inch HD Plasma TV via HDMI with this set up. I guess it will easily be able to work with the adobe programs I use. all will be good if the HDMI on the mother board can run my plasma tv

P8z77 v Pro
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold (SPG) 800 Watts Modular Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX
Nvidia Quadro 2000 <-- its a business card but I also hope it can play high end video games.
sound card is Creative SB X-Fi
Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray Drive (BC-12B1ST)
Rosewill 74-In-1 3.5-Inch Internal Card Reader with USB Port 3.0
Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D Mid Tower Computer Case < for now that is what i am thinking
Ide like to find a really nice looking tower with lots of room for big hands. am I forgetting anything?

thank you
Tom

More about : rate build

February 9, 2013 12:44:20 AM

cooler mastr towers are the basic good. look for full size tower.

do you really need a quaddro card? which programs exactly are you planning to use.
with 3monitors and large tv i would suggest dual video card. a radeon 7870x2 i thknk wlll be great.

let us know your exact needs for this pc.
February 9, 2013 12:58:40 AM

I think I am going to go with the Cosair 650.
the smart thing for me might be to just leave the 3rd monitor on my spare computer and if I do that
is there a better choice for 2 high res monitors and a large TV? Ide like to work with 3d tutorials if possible.
I already do 3d work in photoshop cs6 and want to learn more. I will also be working with adobe priemere
I have all of adobe CS6 programs. it was cheaper for me to join their cloud account then to buy the few programs I use for work.
dreamweaver, photoshop and soon premiere.

gussrtk said:
cooler mastr towers are the basic good. look for full size tower.

do you really need a quaddro card? which programs exactly are you planning to use.
with 3monitors and large tv i would suggest dual video card. a radeon 7870x2 i thknk wlll be great.

let us know your exact needs for this pc.

February 9, 2013 3:50:06 PM

I am sorry for my lack of information in my posts about what I need.
While I do admit I am not the brightest knife or the sharpest bulb I usually post in between jobs and am very tired and feel rushed to finish this project. I have looked over the programs I use and others I want to be able to. Below are the ones with the most demanding requirements.
My plasma TV is mounted directly above my 2 monitors and for the most part will be used to show others behind me finished pictures or even videos. I am guessing that the video card that meets the requirements for the programs below will be able to play adventure type video games with really good grafix.

Ide like to pass the requirements with flying colors in hopes that the video card will be able to handle the next time they upgrade their product requirements.
I don’t know if all I want to do is possible or within my reach.

After Effects CS6 / Tech specs
Intel® Core™2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor; 64-bit support required
Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer*

Premiere pro is probably the most important to me and I am thinking speedgrade below will be nice to add.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 / Tech specs
7200 RPM hard drive (multiple fast disk drives, preferably RAID 0 configured, recommended)
DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated performance
Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model

•Adobe SpeedGrade CS6 / Tech specs
lol...ok undoable.
thanks again
Tom
!