Why does my computer run dx11 bad?

When I go to play Far Cry 3 on dx11, it will only run at 15-20fps and lag every couple of seconds, but when I run it on dx9, it will run great at 50-65fps. Also, it doesn't seem to want to run Medal of Honor Warfighter either. It'll say that it's running it at 90-130fps, but it will lag and freeze every couple of seconds. Even on the lowest graphics, it will still freeze every couple of seconds (90-130fps was on ultra and high settings). It's really annoying and almost unplayable. I just finished sweeping all of the amd drivers off my computer and re-installing the latest and greatest. I also made sure the latest directx was installed. Anybody have an idea why it does this? I would think my computer is capable of running it.

My rig:
-AMD 6950 2gb x2 (crossfire)
-Intel core i7 950 3.07ghz
-6gb ram
-Sabertooth x58 motherboard
9 answers Last reply
More about computer dx11
  1. Have you installed the latest crossfire profiles?
  2. Yes, AMD application profiles version 12.11 if that's what you're referring to.
  3. Also, disabling crossfire made far cry 3 run smoother and 5-10fps faster. I have no idea whats going on.
  4. Gpu set up look like this. 1x gpu=x16; 2x gpu=x16+x16=(x32); 3x gpu=x16+x8+x8=(x32); 4x gpu=x16+x8+x4+x4=(x32). so 2xgpu=4xgpu.
    So check 2x gpus in x16slots.
    if inserted in x8 u get 50%of gpu speed and 25%in x4slot.
    so make sure.
  5. Update windows .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
    Update bios.
    Update hdd/ssd firmware.
    Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.
  6. Both of my graphics cards are in x16 slots. Windows is fully updated. I couldn't find any bios updates or firmware updates for my hard-drive. My computer is clean of viruses. I do have a question, the bridge between my graphics cards has two spots it can plug into on each card. Could which slot it's plugged into effect it? Do I need 2 bridges to fill each slot?
  7. Known issue with warfighter and I dont think its been patched.
  8. Oh, ok. I will try different games. I have Operation Flashpoint and Borderlands 2 to install aswell. But I'm still wondering why Far Cry 3 runs better with crossfire disabled and set on directx 9 from the options menu.
  9. Far cry 3 has some issues with crossfire and directx 11 for amd cards. I run 3 7970s and still dip down into the mid 50s in some points of the game. AMD did release a CAP on 3 Dec to help fix some of the issues...not perfect but a bit better.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics