Video memory problem when starting Tiger Woods 2003

I have installed Tiger Woods 2003 and when I try to start
the game I get an error saying that DirectX reported that
the video card does not have enough memory. I have a
GeForce FX 5600 video card with 256MB ram. My computer
has 384MB RAM and I am running Win XP SP2.

I have also tried running Sid Meier's Pirates and when
the game starts up, the PC reboots by itself. I suspect
it is because of the same reason.

Can anyone help me?

"jdevil" <jdevilliers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Tiger Woods 2003 and when I try to start
> the game I get an error saying that DirectX reported that
> the video card does not have enough memory. I have a
> GeForce FX 5600 video card with 256MB ram. My computer
> has 384MB RAM and I am running Win XP SP2.
>
> I have also tried running Sid Meier's Pirates and when
> the game starts up, the PC reboots by itself. I suspect
> it is because of the same reason.
>
> Can anyone help me?

Hello.

First thing I'd try would be to install the latest drivers for your nVidia
card these can be found at their website - the latest ones as of today can
be found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html

If you've got any other nVidia drivers installed (they'll be listed in
Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), uninstall them first and reboot
before installing the new ones.

If that doesn't work post back and we'll try a few more things. :cool:

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.