Video memory problem when starting Tiger Woods 2003

I have installed Tiger Woods 2003 and when I try to start
the game I get an error saying that DirectX reported that
the video card does not have enough memory. I have a
GeForce FX 5600 video card with 256MB ram. My computer
has 384MB RAM and I am running Win XP SP2.

I have also tried running Sid Meier's Pirates and when
the game starts up, the PC reboots by itself. I suspect
it is because of the same reason.

Can anyone help me?
1 answer Last reply
More about video memory problem starting tiger woods 2003

    "jdevil" <jdevilliers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed Tiger Woods 2003 and when I try to start
    > the game I get an error saying that DirectX reported that
    > the video card does not have enough memory. I have a
    > GeForce FX 5600 video card with 256MB ram. My computer
    > has 384MB RAM and I am running Win XP SP2.
    >
    > I have also tried running Sid Meier's Pirates and when
    > the game starts up, the PC reboots by itself. I suspect
    > it is because of the same reason.
    >
    > Can anyone help me?

    Hello.

    First thing I'd try would be to install the latest drivers for your nVidia
    card these can be found at their website - the latest ones as of today can
    be found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.84.html

    If you've got any other nVidia drivers installed (they'll be listed in
    Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel), uninstall them first and reboot
    before installing the new ones.

    If that doesn't work post back and we'll try a few more things. 8-)

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

Tiger Games Windows XP