FPS troubles, computer specs?

ChordMelody

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hey guys, really not sure which part of the forums to post this, but I've been having a lot of low fps problems. Either that, or just having some stutters or freezes. Lowering the resolution does not change the fps, and lowering graphic settings do not really make any difference in fps.

I'm worried that my new graphics card is faulty. Or perhaps my CPU is bottlenecking it a lot, or... even something even more horrible!

Here are my specs anyways... I hope maybe someone could point something out that's wrong with it, or maybe it's not the specs at all.

AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Clocked to 3.5ghz~
ASUS M5A97
MSI 7870 (recently upgraded from GTX 550 TI)
Ultra LSP 750W

Not sure if anything else is relevant.

Also, the game I've been testing it out on are Farcry 3, Battlefield 3, Guild wars 2, Planetside 2, League of Legends, and Skyrim.

Mostly tried running 1080, and lowering settings/resolutions do not really improve fps at all.

Thanks guys~

I hope I can get some answers :)!

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

Thats a CPU Bottleneck. Easy to Identify :lol:
Upgrade your CPU to a i5.

And as suggested above. Change your PSU too. ;)

ChordMelody

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Thanks Guys!

Yeah, back then when I first built this system, I had no knowledge of computer parts, and thought it was a "budget" build.

I was thinking of upgrading to an i5 considering the holidays came!

I measured FPS through... MSI Afterburner (not sure how accurate it is)

I have GPU-Z installed but have not used it for that purpose, and in GW2 I went into options and there it displays fps, and in BF3 I used render.drawfps true command in console or something like that.