Synchronizing nokia 6100 with outlook

Last response: in Brands
May 4, 2005 10:47:47 AM

Hi,

My sister just bought a nokia 6100 and also purchased a cable.
the cable cames with this really non-professional looking application
that allows sync with outlook, but you need to do the following process
individualy for addresses, then calender and so on...

1. import records from phone
2. import records from outlook
3. update phone

I am not 100% sure this is nokia's own software as i did not see their
logo on the application but some other companys', she (and I support
her after playing around with the application) does not want to use
this software!

My questions are -
1. Is there a software like microsoft's activeSync , that when I plug
the phone and press a button, ALL the records of all features (contacts
calender..) in the phone are automatically synced with outlook ?

2. does nokia hand out a software of their own ? can I purchase it ?
how's it called ? and does it do what I asked for in (1) ? or do I need
a third party component ?

thanks
LT
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:10:10 PM

Lior T wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My sister just bought a nokia 6100 and also purchased a cable.
> the cable cames with this really non-professional looking application
> that allows sync with outlook, but you need to do the following process
> individualy for addresses, then calender and so on...
>
> 1. import records from phone
> 2. import records from outlook
> 3. update phone
>
> I am not 100% sure this is nokia's own software as i did not see their
> logo on the application but some other companys', she (and I support
> her after playing around with the application) does not want to use
> this software!
>
> My questions are -
> 1. Is there a software like microsoft's activeSync , that when I plug
> the phone and press a button, ALL the records of all features (contacts
> calender..) in the phone are automatically synced with outlook ?
>
> 2. does nokia hand out a software of their own ? can I purchase it ?
> how's it called ? and does it do what I asked for in (1) ? or do I need
> a third party component ?
>

> thanks
> LT
Try to use this cabel with nokia pc suite.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:25:32 AM

Thanks, I will

LT