Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 7

Hello,
problem began after setting up wireless printer network - system dumped - now will not always boot - went through auto fix process and got Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. Tech info feedback from auto fix: Stop: 0x000000D1, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF88003468d29 THEN usbohci.sys - Address FFFFF88003468D29 base at FFFFF88003466000, Datestamp 4a5bcc06
5 answers Last reply
More about driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows
  1. First stab I would take is disconnect that printer and verify you are using the latest driver downloaded from their website. Uninstall the driver/software you installed with the printer. But not a whole lot of information to glean from that error except for your USB stack is crashing.
  2. your printer driver is the one that cause this bsod
  3. While IRQL BSOD's are generally RAM related, the fact the address that crashed [0x000000D1] is VERY low (which indicates a HW problem) and the fact the USB driver [usbohci.sys] was referenced points to a driver problem of some sort.
  4. gamerk316 said:
    While IRQL BSOD's are generally RAM related, the fact the address that crashed [0x000000D1] is VERY low (which indicates a HW problem) and the fact the USB driver [usbohci.sys] was referenced points to a driver problem of some sort.

I suspect the printer and related drivers are the issue however the pc won't stay on long enough for me to do anything. It boots then crashes again. I tried booting in safe mode, last known good configuration. Basically, I've done all I know to do.
  5. Well, if safe mode is crashing, then you clearly have a HW problem. Remove any non-mouse/keyboard related USB devices when starting, and try and get into safemode.

The reason I suspect HW rather then RAM, is because very low addresses tend to be reserved for the system buses. So when I see an IRQL error and a VERY low memory value, I suspect HW before RAM. [Still, if all else fails, run memtest86 just to be safe].
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Wireless Printer