Sign in with
Your question

SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 DP vs SAPPHIRE Ultimate Radeon HD 6670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2012 8:47:25 AM

Hello Experts,

I am determined to buy one of these card mention in the thread name i.e SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1 gb ddr5. Both have the same specification but one of them has Hyper Memory Support and the other has no fan and no Hyper Memory Support. I like zero noise of course but I love quality too. what will be the role of hyper memory to give crisp clarity in graphics? is it worth to go for Hyper memory or the silent one?

links:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...

my system Specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4GHz
Ram 4gb
Windows 8 64 bit
PSU 500W
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 9:49:49 AM

I would prefer the one with fan. :lol: 
So that I can OC it hard.
December 25, 2012 7:58:23 PM

Thanks for replying. But I would like to know something more about Hyper Memory on gpu.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 1:14:47 AM

I don't think you'll get any benefit of Hyper Memory.
That card isn't going to spend all 1GB of its memory.
a c 355 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
December 26, 2012 1:25:35 AM

HyperMemory allows the GPU to access system RAM if there is not enough VRAM on the card. However, graphic cards do not need more than 1GB of VRAM unless you go above 1920x1200 resolution. The Radeon HD 6670 is not a very power card, while you may be able to play some non-demanding recent games at that resolution with medium quality graphics, the performance will not be very high.

In short HyperMemory is useless especially since system RAM is a lot slower than VRAM that is DDR5.
December 26, 2012 5:28:36 AM

jaguarskx said:
HyperMemory allows the GPU to access system RAM if there is not enough VRAM on the card. However, graphic cards do not need more than 1GB of VRAM unless you go above 1920x1200 resolution. The Radeon HD 6670 is not a very power card, while you may be able to play some non-demanding recent games at that resolution with medium quality graphics, the performance will not be very high.

In short HyperMemory is useless especially since system RAM is a lot slower than VRAM that is DDR5.

Thank you very much for giving some nice details.Frankly speaking I am great fan of NFS and Dirt series.But I cannot effort very high end graphics card.I have another thought about Radeon HD 7770.Do you know any other card which is near or lower the price range of HD 7770 and better than that?
!