DirectX Problem

I currently have DirectX 9.0c running on XP MCE 2005. I am getting the

"Several files (Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.dll,
Microsoft.DirectX.Diagnostics.dll) are missing!
You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version."

error when running dxdiag. Any idea how to fix this? I have tried
reinstalling via windows update and the redist package with no luck.
Help.

Also update your graphics drivers.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"axel0504" <axel0504@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I currently have DirectX 9.0c running on XP MCE 2005. I am getting the
>
> "Several files (Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.dll,
> Microsoft.DirectX.Diagnostics.dll) are missing!
> You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version."
>
> error when running dxdiag. Any idea how to fix this? I have tried
> reinstalling via windows update and the redist package with no luck.
> Help.

Was there a beginning to the message? All I see is "Also update your
graphics drivers." I will be updating them tonight.

Tony

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

She was adding to the statement to reinstall Dx9.0c

> Was there a beginning to the message? All I see is "Also update your
> graphics drivers." I will be updating them tonight.
>
> Tony

The particular file you mentioned is part of the DirectX Managed runtime.
Managed DirectX is not downloaded via dxwebsetup.exe or Microsoft Windows
Update. You can get the Managed DirectX files as part of the
redistributable files for the DirectX runtime. Here's a link to the latest
runtime that's part of the February 2005 SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=03c30962-4b78-4e59-8c70-32998dceffe5&displaylang=en