System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Web design
Are you buying a monitor: Yes
Parts to Upgrade: Every single one
Do you need to buy OS: Yes, Windows 8
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Not important. I will be buying some of the part in USA,some of them home in Croatia. Processor, video card and SSD in USA for sure, in whatever store is closest to Miami airport
Location: City, State/Region, Country - USA/Croatia. I'm not hunting for deals, as I will not have time. Easier ordering and faster delivery are more important.
Parts Preferences: No brand preference, but I'd prefer lower voltage/noise/heat parts (exception being video card, as I'm not gonna be gaming for hours regulrely)
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, or 1920x1200 if the price is right. I'd also prefer IPS screen.
1) I want a mini-ITX build. I'm pretty much set on Silverstone SG06BB-450-USB3.0 case, but am open for alternative suggestions.
2) I also want a quiet PC during general use (browsing, media) and while using Inkscape, as this is going to be a living room PC. Moderate noise is acceptable while gaming. Should I get a better cooler for i5? If so, which one?
3) Games I'll be playing: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Witcher, Dawn of War 2/3, upcoming Company of Heroes, Civilization series. Very few FPS titles, and if so, nothing seriously. I want them to play high/ultra on 1080 >40fps
4) I will not be upgrading anything for at least 3 years, and would want to retain the ability to play new games at medium-high settings.
5) I'd want a motherboard to support 2 front USB 3.0 ports.
6) I want an IPS screen. But, if I can get a significantly better LCD LED, I'm open for it. This cheap LG seems great, and even though I've never seen it live, all the review I see are pretty great.
7) 1100$ (or 1117$ that I have right now) is the absolute maximum. No wiggle room at all. I'd much more appreciate suggestions to bring the price down. I don't want to pirate windows, so cutting costs there is out of the question. Maybe 7850 is an overkill for me, or i5? I picked them over i3 6850 simply because I wanted to leave myself breathing room, as I will not be upgrading this system for at least 3 years, possibly more, if nothing breaks.
Also, I chose H77M board because of the 2 SATA 6 Gb/s ports for the harddrive and SSD. If there are no benefits to having harddrive on SATA 6 Gb/s, maybe I could save something on the motherboard?
8) How do I handle bluetooth and wifi in a desktop PC? Do I need additional cards for this? If so, can the even fit in here?
Why Are You Upgrading: I decided to go with desktop+tablet combo, to replace my laptop. I already have a tablet.