Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

When is coming 8970 out? Will it beat 780?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 25, 2012 10:34:32 AM

as both 8970 and 780 are coming out in 1q2013, which months do you believe they will come out? also will gtx be still 2/4gb or will it start at 3gb?

i am personally limited by my quality 500w psu but somehow 670 4gb is ridiciously expensive in europe like 100eur over 7970 and has 550w psu requirement compared to 500w on 7970

i am comfortable with 660ftw sig2 3gb on 1080p but somehow plan 1440p zr2740w and for that i will need 8970 or 780

thanks
revro

More about : coming 8970 beat 780

a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 10:38:39 AM

They'll be around Q2.

Just get another GTX 670 for your Computer.
GTX 670 is a good GPU. Very nice Price + Performance.
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 10:43:48 AM

Yeah, everything official so far has point to q2 at the earliest, but with AMD's surprise 8xxx mobile this month, they may try to surprise us. But which will be better? Who knows, especially when both are release new cards and driver everything changes month to month. This year price/performance flipped from AMD to Nvidia back to AMD. One can only guess at what next year holds.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 1:23:31 PM

abbadon_34 said:
Yeah, everything official so far has point to q2 at the earliest, but with AMD's surprise 8xxx mobile this month, they may try to surprise us. But which will be better? Who knows, especially when both are release new cards and driver everything changes month to month. This year price/performance flipped from AMD to Nvidia back to AMD. One can only guess at what next year holds.


Someone said late 4th quarter for nvidia..I damn near fell out my chair laughing when i heard that..q2 sounds more reasonable honestly. I cant wait for the 700 series
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 1:25:45 PM

Nvidia will surely release their cards after AMD.
So it can be around Q3 too.
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 1:54:25 PM

Who knows the future so dont ask like this question for more info about gpu release contact custamercare of amd and nvidia they are give more info (or) simply contact any astrologer who know about future.
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 4:06:55 PM

hytecgowthaman said:
Who knows the future so dont ask like this question for more info about gpu release contact custamercare of amd and nvidia they are give more info (or) simply contact any astrologer who know about future.


Misleading info sorta..Nvidia wont tell you jack untill the gpu comes out on the exact day..Better to research on the internet to get better infomation
December 26, 2012 4:08:15 AM

exactly, they wont know and wont tell. also i knew that 8970 are supposed to comeout jan-march, so maybe we will see it
tough somehow funny that 7970 requires 500w psu and 670 4gb versions do need 550w

best
revro
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 3:03:16 PM

revro said:
exactly, they wont know and wont tell. also i knew that 8970 are supposed to comeout jan-march, so maybe we will see it
tough somehow funny that 7970 requires 500w psu and 670 4gb versions do need 550w

best
revro


Word, Next year is going to be crazy
December 26, 2012 5:25:42 PM

i am playing skyrim on 1080 with high textures and enb and see now on my 660ftw 3gb 2,55gb vram usage in castle draco
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12792
tough fps sometimes drop significantly to like 12-15. i guess its cause of the 192bit bus of gtx 660
so for 2560 i will really require 7970 and since 8970 is around the corner, 770 is probably out of question for such large resolution (2560x1440) if they stick to 256bit bus

i believe my q9550 should be no bottleneck at such large resolution either as many tests have shown, worst case i oc to 3.2 or 3.4 since now with cooler master vortex plus i am getting at most 55Celsius on cpu cores

best
revro
!