BenQ XL2411T 120hz problem

G

Hey I have the AMD Radeon 6900 graphics card and I recently bought a brand new benQ XL2411T monitor.

Unfortunately I can't manage to get it to 120hz whilst on 1920x1080, when I attempt to change it via the windows settings it's capped at 60hz and whenever I try to change it via the AMD Vision Engine control center it won't allow 120hz unless I'm at a resolution cap of 1024x768 or below.

I've attempted rivatuner but it quite simply won't allow the change, please help with any information you can... thanks!

G

I definitely have the dual-link DVI cable connected, it's the one which came with the monitor and I was precedingly cautious upon the matter. The graphics card mentioned only has one port, so that can't be the problem... ]:

Is this a laptop? Though I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't work, I don't know if it would.
That being said, I don't think that laptop graphics are even going to be able to take advantage of 120hz in gaming.

G

It's a desktop computer, here's a list of all the hardware:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8120 25 °C
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 710MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX (AM3r2) 42 °C
Graphics
BenQ XL2411T (1920x1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Hard Drives
932GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

supergit

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Hi,

I also have a 6900 card myself and it is an asus. On mine there is a switch on the graphics card which turns one display port of to switch the DVI from single link to dual link.

Both the DVI outputs are DVI-I but i think only one is truely DVI-I (dual link).

I have linked my specific graphics card and the picture that demonstrates where the switch is.

http://uk.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH6950_DCII2DI4S2GD5/
http://uk.asus.com/websites/global/products/mMAaEwb08yxZPzVe/sixmonitor02.jpg

The switch is circled in red.

I made an account just to answer this question xD

EDIT: DVI-D (dual link) will run from DVI-I (dual link) no problem