Dual desplay useing default VGA and video card

Apekav

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Im wondering how I setup dual displays with the default VGA output on my computer and another connected to my video card, or if its even possible to use both at once. Im running a nvidia geforce 9600 series with no problems, simply not seeing how to enable the second moniter

warhead0

Distinguished
Unless your motherboard and CPU support lucid virtu technology this is not possible as far as I know.

you should however be able to plug both monitors into the graphics card and have them both running correctly.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Nope not possible it's either one of the other. Depending on what integrated graphics you have some are capable of up to three monitors.

The card also can support up to two monitors so you should be fine just hooking them up to the GPU.

^ both comments above are false. dont listen to them...

that will be easy. please enable onboard video on BIOS then attach second monitor to the head on your mobo. this will not apply if you have ATI or VIA on board. only intel or nvidia onboard works

btw may i ask you why choose onboard video? i believe your 9600 has dual heads. you can attach both on them with better performance :) trust me, i have been using dual monitor since 2007 with many configurations

Apekav

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

My 9600 needs an VGA adapter to plug in, and I dont have one so I cant plug in standard VGA :/