Is This Build Great for Gaming? ($1200)

v3.0 of my build (I've done many changes) $1218.88 total.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core
CPU: Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155
HDD: Samsung Desktop Class Spinpoint F3 1 TB SATA 3.0gb/s 32 MB Cache 3.5"
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Cooler Master 750W ATX12V
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Case Fan: Apevia CF14SL-BBL 59.6 CFM 140mm
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

CPU will be overclocked to 4.2Ghz, and would I be able to overclock the GPU to 1050mHz (it's preclocked at 950)?
4 fans in total (case has 3 fans preinstalled, the 140mm fan is for bottom intake).
6 answers Last reply
More about build great gaming 1200
  1. Ditch the cooler master psu, most of them are terrible, switch for a corsair,xfx, seasonic, antec, pc power and cooling, rosewill hive/capstone, psu.
    The rest seems fine, but i'd get low profile ram, if it's the vengeance with tall heatsink.
  2. djangoringo said:
    Ditch the cooler master psu, most of them are terrible, switch for a corsair,xfx, seasonic, antec, pc power and cooling, rosewill hive/capstone, psu.
    The rest seems fine, but i'd get low profile ram, if it's the vengeance with tall heatsink.



    How's the Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 92mm Sleeve Bearing Fan for $15?
  3. You have a good cooler, the hyper 212 evo, which is better.
  4. djangoringo said:
    You have a good cooler, the hyper 212 evo, which is better.



    My bad. When I read "Cooler Master" I thought you were referring to the CPU cooler for a minute.

    As for the PSU, how about the Rosewill Capstone 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply. It's pretty cheap for a 750w gold certified PSU.
  5. The Capstone series are great power supplies; however, are you planning on tossing in another 7970 in the future? If not, I'd recommend grabbing a lower-wattage, modular power supply instead (such as the Capstone 550M or 650M). I'd also recommend not bothering with the Apevia case fans; the Z11 should come with enough as it is, and I don't know that those new fans would be very good at all.
  6. vElectrixx said:
    My bad. When I read "Cooler Master" I thought you were referring to the CPU cooler for a minute.

    As for the PSU, how about the Rosewill Capstone 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply. It's pretty cheap for a 750w gold certified PSU.



    Yes, that one is a high quality psu one, made by super flower, but i'd get the 750 modular, it's cheaper(with rebate) : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product