Flight Simulator 2004

March 24, 2005 7:55:02 AM

Hi there,

I have a problem as when I am in the multiplayer tab, there are 2 opttions,
Open Multiplayer Session and Multiplayer Settings,

When I click Open Multiplayer Session, it seems to be very slow then after
about 1 - 2 mins it says Low on virtual Memory and stuff like that, when I
know I'm not becuase everything else on fs2004 works fine,

I would be very grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks,

From Porthos.

More about : flight simulator 2004

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 7:23:41 PM

Porthos wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem as when I am in the multiplayer tab, there are 2 opttions,
> Open Multiplayer Session and Multiplayer Settings,
>
> When I click Open Multiplayer Session, it seems to be very slow then after
> about 1 - 2 mins it says Low on virtual Memory and stuff like that, when I
> know I'm not becuase everything else on fs2004 works fine,
>
> I would be very grateful for any suggestions,
>
> Thanks,
>
> From Porthos.

Have you installed the FS 9.1 patch? Are you using one of the No CD
cracks and was the crack installed when you installed the patch? If you
installed the crack after the patch, did you use the newer version of
the crack?

Which version of Windows are you using? Which Windows Service Packs have
you installed?

How much hardware main RAM is your computer equiped with? Does your
video accelerator have its own seperate RAM?

What are your settings for Minimum, Maximum and drive partition for
virtual memory / page file? Procedures for checking these might be
different for various Windows versions.

How much space is available on the hard drive where your page file is
located? Has that drive been defragmented recently?
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:21:01 AM

"RobertVA" wrote:

> Porthos wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a problem as when I am in the multiplayer tab, there are 2 opttions,
> > Open Multiplayer Session and Multiplayer Settings,
> >
> > When I click Open Multiplayer Session, it seems to be very slow then after
> > about 1 - 2 mins it says Low on virtual Memory and stuff like that, when I
> > know I'm not becuase everything else on fs2004 works fine,
> >
> > I would be very grateful for any suggestions,
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > From Porthos.
>
> Have you installed the FS 9.1 patch? Are you using one of the No CD
> cracks and was the crack installed when you installed the patch? If you
> installed the crack after the patch, did you use the newer version of
> the crack?
>
> Which version of Windows are you using? Which Windows Service Packs have
> you installed?
>
> How much hardware main RAM is your computer equiped with? Does your
> video accelerator have its own seperate RAM?
>
> What are your settings for Minimum, Maximum and drive partition for
> virtual memory / page file? Procedures for checking these might be
> different for various Windows versions.
>
> How much space is available on the hard drive where your page file is
> located? Has that drive been defragmented recently?

Hi RoberVA,

ok thats a lot of questions.

firstly fs2004 works perfectly well with everything except that multiplayer
part.

now to answer ur questions.

the FS9 Patch is installed and the fs update is installed.

Windows XP an SP2.

256mb of RAM

The settings for virtual memory are around 368 - 768

There is plenty of harddisk space avilble.

No there has not been a defragment.

I hope that helps,

From Porthos.
March 25, 2005 3:14:32 AM

"Porthos" <Porthos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a problem as when I am in the multiplayer tab, there are 2
> opttions,
> Open Multiplayer Session and Multiplayer Settings,
>
> When I click Open Multiplayer Session, it seems to be very slow then after
> about 1 - 2 mins it says Low on virtual Memory and stuff like that, when I
> know I'm not becuase everything else on fs2004 works fine,

How much free hard disk space do you have available?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

March 25, 2005 4:50:18 PM

Porthos wrote:

> "RobertVA" wrote:
>

>>Porthos wrote:
>>
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I have a problem as when I am in the multiplayer tab, there are 2 opttions,
>>>Open Multiplayer Session and Multiplayer Settings,
>>>
>>>When I click Open Multiplayer Session, it seems to be very slow then after
>>>about 1 - 2 mins it says Low on virtual Memory and stuff like that, when I
>>>know I'm not becuase everything else on fs2004 works fine,
>>>
>>>I would be very grateful for any suggestions,
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>From Porthos.
>>
>>Have you installed the FS 9.1 patch? Are you using one of the No CD
>>cracks and was the crack installed when you installed the patch? If you
>>installed the crack after the patch, did you use the newer version of
>>the crack?
>>
>>Which version of Windows are you using? Which Windows Service Packs have
>>you installed?
>>
>>How much hardware main RAM is your computer equiped with? Does your
>>video accelerator have its own seperate RAM?
>>
>>What are your settings for Minimum, Maximum and drive partition for
>>virtual memory / page file? Procedures for checking these might be
>>different for various Windows versions.
>>
>>How much space is available on the hard drive where your page file is
>>located? Has that drive been defragmented recently?
>>

> Hi RoberVA,
>
> ok thats a lot of questions.
>
> firstly fs2004 works perfectly well with everything except that multiplayer
> part.
>
> now to answer ur questions.
>
> the FS9 Patch is installed and the fs update is installed.
>
> Windows XP an SP2.
>
> 256mb of RAM
>
> The settings for virtual memory are around 368 - 768
>
> There is plenty of harddisk space avilble.
>
> No there has not been a defragment.
>
> I hope that helps,
>
> From Porthos.

Try increasing the maximum virtual memory to a full GB or 1.5 GB. I
don't recall getting this error on the 128 MB, 450 Mhz system I once ran
FS 9 on. I allowed Windows 98 full reign to adjust the virtual memory in
a 2 GB partition on that machine. Frame rate got rather low at detailed
airports though. Using a faster CPU and video accelerator now.

Seriuosly consider adding AT LEAST another 256 MB of RAM. In addition to
making the multiplayer problem less likely, this will reduce the
frequency of hesitation for scenery loading during flight.

If you run a computer more than a month or two, failure to defrag could
significantly slow its operation. Run that Defrag, even if you have to
boot in safe mode for it to complete. Rate of file fragmentation may
vary depending on how often you overwrite or delete files on the drive.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:35:01 AM

"RobertVA" wrote:

> Porthos wrote:

> >>Have you installed the FS 9.1 patch? Are you using one of the No CD
> >>cracks and was the crack installed when you installed the patch? If you
> >>installed the crack after the patch, did you use the newer version of
> >>the crack?
> >>
> >>Which version of Windows are you using? Which Windows Service Packs have
> >>you installed?
> >>
> >>How much hardware main RAM is your computer equiped with? Does your
> >>video accelerator have its own seperate RAM?
> >>
> >>What are your settings for Minimum, Maximum and drive partition for
> >>virtual memory / page file? Procedures for checking these might be
> >>different for various Windows versions.
> >>
> >>How much space is available on the hard drive where your page file is
> >>located? Has that drive been defragmented recently?
> >>

> > Hi RoberVA,
> >
> > ok thats a lot of questions.
> >
> > firstly fs2004 works perfectly well with everything except that multiplayer
> > part.
> >
> > now to answer ur questions.
> >
> > the FS9 Patch is installed and the fs update is installed.
> >
> > Windows XP an SP2.
> >
> > 256mb of RAM
> >
> > The settings for virtual memory are around 368 - 768
> >
> > There is plenty of harddisk space avilble.
> >
> > No there has not been a defragment.
> >
> > I hope that helps,
> >
> > From Porthos.
>
> Try increasing the maximum virtual memory to a full GB or 1.5 GB. I
> don't recall getting this error on the 128 MB, 450 Mhz system I once ran
> FS 9 on. I allowed Windows 98 full reign to adjust the virtual memory in
> a 2 GB partition on that machine. Frame rate got rather low at detailed
> airports though. Using a faster CPU and video accelerator now.
>
> Seriuosly consider adding AT LEAST another 256 MB of RAM. In addition to
> making the multiplayer problem less likely, this will reduce the
> frequency of hesitation for scenery loading during flight.
>
> If you run a computer more than a month or two, failure to defrag could
> significantly slow its operation. Run that Defrag, even if you have to
> boot in safe mode for it to complete. Rate of file fragmentation may
> vary depending on how often you overwrite or delete files on the drive.

Hi again,

I have run the defragmenter and inreased the paging file but unfortantly no
difference.

May I remind you that FS9 works perfectly with everything else including the
actual game, it's just the part where you open the connection tab in fs to
join/host a game.

I hope this helps,

From Porthos.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 5:04:29 PM

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 07:35:01 -0800, "Porthos"
<Porthos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have run the defragmenter and inreased the paging file but unfortantly no
>difference.
>
>May I remind you that FS9 works perfectly with everything else including the
>actual game, it's just the part where you open the connection tab in fs to
>join/host a game.

Do you have the exact error message? Is there any report in XP event
log?

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.promagenta.com
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 5:04:30 PM

Hi Katy,

Well there is rearley one of those mesasges but it also says something about
debug,

Also there is this error message:-

"The Instruction at "0x7c14f0e7" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
memory could not be "Read"

Click OK to Terminate the programme"

Then that closes FS down,

I hope this info helps,

From Porthos.
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 12:34:22 AM

>"The Instruction at "0x7c14f0e7" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The
>memory could not be "Read"
>
>Click OK to Terminate the programme"
>
>Then that closes FS down,
>
>I hope this info helps,
>
>From Porthos.

Only reference I could find is this thread:
http://flightsimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21842&g...

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator