need help syncing after reset/new computer

April 12, 2004 11:17:29 AM

Hey,
I have a Handspring Visor, which uses the PalmOS. I recently had to
get a new computer but I saved my Palm folder onto a cd before junking
it. Then, before I could reinstall my Palm sofware and sync on my new
computer, my Visor crashed. I did the reset and everything was blank.

So, I installed the Palm OS software and put the old Palm folder on my
new computer. I did the sync and it synched like it was a new Visor,
naturally. So then I tried replacing the entire PALM folder and
syncing, but didn't work. Then I just replaced the old folder with my
name (bcain) and syncing again, but it won't work either.

The main thing I hate to lose is my address book. If it weren't for
that, I'd just start over, but I had three or four years worth of data
on that thing.

Can someone tell me exactly what I need to do?

Thanks!
Brooke

More about : syncing reset computer

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:41:00 PM

try and copy the address.dat file from your saved CD to the new
location, or import the data