G

Recently, I've been noticing my PF Usage going up for no reasons. After a few time, my Word application stopped to work corectly (Font list, while loading, made Word crash). Then Photoshop stopped to work (not loading).

My PF Usage is staying at around 80 even if nothing is running (usually lower) and keep going up or stay around that. The memory used by Explorer went from a few mgs to 12 megs and is now 14-15 mgs!

I really dunno what happend, if anyone got a hint plz answer to this post!

LINK TO A SCREENSHOT: http://www.clanhdq.fr.st/memory.jpg

Thx!

Mike D.
MAssIvE - lunatis@hotmail.com

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Did you install any programs recently? What's in your startup?

Do you still get these problems after reboots?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

The latest program I've installed is Photoshop itself. Theres nothing special in my startup folder, and anything strange would be something from my brother such as SpeedDisk or Norton Doctor. Nothing else is really strange in my startup folder. If I reboot it's going down back at around 60 and start going up. Whatever I do, Word stopped working fine (Crash when I open font list). Could it be photoshop or something like that? I don't think so. I tried to close everything that isin't making windows run and it still wasn't really working fine. I wonder what it could be!

However, the bug might do occur once I start photoshop, as its the first program that stopped to work (took time to load and then stopped to load) but I don't really think it's only photoshop's fault. I had it before it it wasn't making any trouble.

I just noticed my computer was using selective startup. I couldn't tell you why it's not using normal startup, shall I try to change it? Could it be the problem? I don't think so..

Selective boot load the win.ini, maybe something in this win.ini is wrong. Could be the loading of sub-files such as "fonts" or "extensions" (which are mostly video extensions, could be a change occured by photoshop on extensions making fonts or anything crash?)

Boot got no special boot options, I got 2 partitions (Main, Back-up).

Anyway, thats bout it!

Thx 4 replying!

Mike D.

G

I noticed a process called "Iddle Process" and it's the only place where CPU is at 99, could that "Iddle Process" (which I cannot close) be a problem?

(ScreenShot Included) http://www.clanhdq.fr.st/memory2.jpg

Thx!

Mike D.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hehe, that's "System Idle Process". Idle means that's the % your CPU is waiting to do something (% that is free of work). No that's not your problem.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Ok news guys!

I learned that by using photoshop it keeps in memory (history) all steps of making the picture, and this is kept in ram. This ram, when full (lot of history stuff and back) is written on the HD. This file is bugging up and crash after a while and it makes all those troubles.

Anyone got a hint?

Mike D.

G

News

The problem could be caused by a file (In winMe) called WIN386.SWP which keeps all this kind of stuff! A big step I did myself here guys, but if any of you got more hints help me to find out how to fix it!

Thx!

Mike D.

G

News:

Actually I have a lot of ram (256?), I think the problem was with my Ntfs partitions. Adobe was writing the file on it and crashed a windows file or something like that. However on XP I've not been able to find that file.

Mike D.

G

Humm, even in Fat32 after a format it's still doing it. Could it be some program interfering with WinXP?

Mike D.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Nothing is wrong. It's normal. You might want to get more RAM though.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

G

Duh, well Kryogen = My bro so hey just let me know if you find out about anything!

Mike D.