Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 9, 2013 6:09:39 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: This week.

Budget Range: $1000 After Rebates & Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, must be able to handle the Sandbox games coming out in '13,'14.

Are you buying a monitor: No.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (Windows 7/8, cheapest available option).

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Tigerdirect (anything cheap with delivery in less than a week and Canadian).

Parts Preferences: Intel over AMD. Hyperthreading not necessary.

Overclocking: Maybe.

SLI or Crossfire: No.

Your Monitor Resolution: Will buy 1600x1200 at a later time.

Additional Comments: Case aesthetics does not matter, cheaper is better as long as everything fits with room to spare.
Rig should be relatively quiet.
Ethernet-cord Internet is what I will use 99% of the time, but if someone could recommend a network card that I can buy at a later time, I would appreciate it. Do not incorporate it into the budget.

Why Are You Upgrading: Currently gaming on a university issued laptop and it's driving me insane. Saved up to build a gaming rig, this laptop becomes a word processor.

Thank you very much for your time, builders.

More about : budget 1000 gaming build incl

a b 4 Gaming
February 9, 2013 6:20:12 PM

My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($224.99 @ Amazon Canada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($31.05 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($106.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.88 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.79 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($239.88 @ Canada Computers)
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS72 DVD/CD Writer ($17.06 @ DirectCanada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $909.61
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Ethernet is better, you don't need a wifi card, it's going to slow you down.
If you prefer amd cards : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr...
m
l
February 9, 2013 10:49:53 PM

Forgive the beginner question, but how will this affect me?:

"Compatibility Notes
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Zalman Z9 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports."

Also, if I upped the budget to $1,100 after rebate/s&h, is it possible to squeeze in a good monitor?

Thank you for the build :) 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 9, 2013 10:54:23 PM

It doesn't affect the system at all, the case just doesn't have a usb 3.0 port in the front, i don't now if you're going to need one, it has two usb 2.0, unless you have a device that really takes advantage of the bandwidth of usb 3.0, it's not needed, besides, the motherboard got four usb 3.0 in the back.
Here's the list with the monitor : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/Cvqk
m
l
Related resources
!