Sign in with
Your question

Screen went black after changing resolution. PLEASE HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 25, 2012 4:35:57 PM

PLEASe HELP ME!!!! I got a new computer for Christmas and was changing the resolution setting when the screen went black. I have already tried rebooting while pressing f8/shift-f8 and it hasn't worked. I'm using a Toshiba monitor.
December 25, 2012 6:08:12 PM

Try again with F8! You have to press it over and over again fast. Holding it will not work.
m
l
December 25, 2012 6:12:12 PM

on a cold boot do you get the bios screen?? if the pc and monitor are workingfine there should be a splash logo of the bios before windows boots.
m
l
Related resources
December 25, 2012 8:00:07 PM

smorizio said:
on a cold boot do you get the bios screen?? if the pc and monitor are workingfine there should be a splash logo of the bios before windows boots.

Yes there is a screen that comes up instantly after I turn the computer on
m
l
December 25, 2012 8:07:38 PM

Yes, press F8 repeatedly after that first screen shows up. If you get to the "Safe Mode" selection screen choose VGA mode. Then change it to the correct resolution and re-boot. Oh, is it Windows 8? If so these instructions will be different....
m
l
December 25, 2012 11:21:49 PM

zdbc13 said:
Yes, press F8 repeatedly after that first screen shows up. If you get to the "Safe Mode" selection screen choose VGA mode. Then change it to the correct resolution and re-boot. Oh, is it Windows 8? If so these instructions will be different....

Yes this is windows 8.
m
l
December 26, 2012 1:48:01 AM

smorizio said:

What should I do If it's win 8?
m
l
!