Closed

Screen went black after changing resolution. PLEASE HELP!

PLEASe HELP ME!!!! I got a new computer for Christmas and was changing the resolution setting when the screen went black. I have already tried rebooting while pressing f8/shift-f8 and it hasn't worked. I'm using a Toshiba monitor.
7 answers Last reply
More about screen black changing resolution help
  1. Try again with F8! You have to press it over and over again fast. Holding it will not work.
  2. on a cold boot do you get the bios screen?? if the pc and monitor are workingfine there should be a splash logo of the bios before windows boots.
  3. smorizio said:
    on a cold boot do you get the bios screen?? if the pc and monitor are workingfine there should be a splash logo of the bios before windows boots.

Yes there is a screen that comes up instantly after I turn the computer on
  4. Yes, press F8 repeatedly after that first screen shows up. If you get to the "Safe Mode" selection screen choose VGA mode. Then change it to the correct resolution and re-boot. Oh, is it Windows 8? If so these instructions will be different....
  5. zdbc13 said:
    Yes, press F8 repeatedly after that first screen shows up. If you get to the "Safe Mode" selection screen choose VGA mode. Then change it to the correct resolution and re-boot. Oh, is it Windows 8? If so these instructions will be different....

Yes this is windows 8.
  6. smorizio said:
    on a cold boot do you get the bios screen?? if the pc and monitor are workingfine there should be a splash logo of the bios before windows boots.

What should I do If it's win 8?
  7. See the section titled "Booting Windows 8 In Safe Mode When PC Is Not Starting" on this page:

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-boot-into-windows-8-safe-mode/
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Computer Resolution Graphics