Nokia 6680 unlocking?

Is it possible - will it become possible in the next few months?
Unlocking the 6630 is still near impossible I understand and these phones
are very similar...............
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6680 unlocking

    "Simon Fearby" <fearby@net.ntl.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible -

    Nope. Well, not unless you can get the network operator to provide you with
    the unlock code.

    > will it become possible in the next few months?

    It's looking very unlikely at the moment. There are flashing solutions for
    BB5 platform handsets (which the 6680 and 6630 are), but an unlocking
    solution looks to be a long way off yet.

    > Unlocking the 6630 is still near impossible I understand and these phones
    > are very similar...............

    They're built on the new BB5 platform and are very similar.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
    >>> www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> www.gsm-solutions.co.uk <<<

    hi!
    why not buy an unlocked phone?
    that's what i'm going to do :-)
    cheers,
    ab

    "Richard Colton"
    > "Simon Fearby"
    >> Is it possible -
    >
    > Nope. Well, not unless you can get the network operator to provide you
    > with the unlock code.
    >
    >> will it become possible in the next few months?
    >
    > It's looking very unlikely at the moment. There are flashing solutions
    > for BB5 platform handsets (which the 6680 and 6630 are), but an unlocking
    > solution looks to be a long way off yet.
    >
    >> Unlocking the 6630 is still near impossible I understand and these phones
    >> are very similar...............
    >
    > They're built on the new BB5 platform and are very similar.

    Suggest you take the £400 hit and buy one SIM free. That way you get (a) a
    great phone whilst the operators are busy screwing up (sorry, personalising)
    the software, (b) you're network independent and (c) you can get a decent
    price on eBay when you get bored with it.

    "Simon Fearby" <fearby@net.ntl.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible - will it become possible in the next few months?
    > Unlocking the 6630 is still near impossible I understand and these phones
    > are very similar...............

Nokia Phones