No lights No sounds No service

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
My new build is completely unresponsive. I built my PC 2 weeks ago, and made a mistake bending some pins. Got a replacement, and installed it today. Even with the new processor no luck... My attempts of turning it on consist of me flipping the switch on the power supply, and pressing the power button on the front. After that I stare in awe at my PC doing utterly nothing.

Specs:
AMD A6-5400k
ASRock FM2A75M-DGS
Crucial Ballistix 4GB 240 Pin DDR3 1866 1.5V
Stock Cooler
Video Card (Integrated into processor)
Corsair CX430 430V
Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM
APEX SK-393-C

EDIT:I now can get the power switch LED to turn on, but I hear no sounds from the system. I also don't want to unbox my brand new monitor if its not gonna work...

Praxeology

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Are the motherboards lights on. If not then psu is no good or the motherboard is no good. If lights are on try jumping it manually with a paperclip as the case power button's wires could be messed up. Think about it critically and see whats wrong.

Praxeology

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

Meaning make sure you placed the motherboard in the case properly ontop of the case/mobo screws. And make sure you have everything from the PSU cables plugged into everything on the motherboards socket.

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Did you put this together outside of the case first? Or is all of this inside the case? And you have both the 4 and 24 pin connectors properly in place? The video card is in it's pci slot and you have it connected to the PSU? So, you're shorting a node or trying to use the power button on the case? Have you checked the power button connection to ensure it's placed properly? The colored wire will be the "#" or "+" charge.

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

All inside the case.4 and 24 pin connectors are in place.I don't have a video card (Integrated). Using power button on case which lights up when I turn it on. Yes I checked my front panel connectors, and fixed them so now my power buttons LED turns on.

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
What else is plugged into your mobo? Next time I suggest you put it together outside the case to make sure it works, and to make it easier to properly seat the CPU/RAM easier. Does the CPU heatsink fan start when you push power? Are you sure you didn't bend a pin again?

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

My HDD,front panel usb,audio,and heat sink. The heatsink fan does not start when I push power. I'm not sure if i did bend a pin again.

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Here's my suggestion. Take everything out of the case. Set the mobo on the mobo box, and get to where it's just the mobo/cpu/ram. Take the cooler off, and unseat the CPU. Look at make sure no pins are bent. If no pins are bent, place it back in it's seat on the mobo. Watch This . It might help you.

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

One problem with taking the mobo out of the case when I try to there's one stubborn standoff screw that I can't take it it just keeps moving in circles D:

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Did you install the stand-offs or were they already installed? You're probably going to have to take the stand-off with the mobo and then hold the stand-off while unscrewing. You really don't need to tighten the mobo screws that tight

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Sorry for the late response. I installed the standoffs... How exactly am I supposed to remove the mobo with the stand-off?

bike snatcher

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Well I took the mobo out of of the case the processor is fine, and then I poked the power button front panel connector pin with a screwdriver. Then absolutely nothing happened. I'm guessing my mobo is doa?