Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 6, 2005 9:49:32 PM

Hello,

The Nokia 6620 as do I'm sure other symbian phones have a feature in the
memory section to back up the phone's memory to MMC and restore from that
backup. Does anyone know how to get at and erase the backup made on the MMC
card? It's consuming around 6mb on the card and I can't find it with
fexplorer or the regular file manager. It's like it's somehow hidden.
Short of a PC card reader, is there any way to delete this backup?

Tia,
Shane

More about : 6620 backup phone memory mmc

Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 11, 2005 2:43:57 PM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 17:49:32 +0000, shane-dated-1116006404.a60c4e wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Nokia 6620 as do I'm sure other symbian phones have a feature in the
> memory section to back up the phone's memory to MMC and restore from that
> backup. Does anyone know how to get at and erase the backup made on the MMC
> card? It's consuming around 6mb on the card and I can't find it with
> fexplorer or the regular file manager. It's like it's somehow hidden.
> Short of a PC card reader, is there any way to delete this backup?
>
> Tia,
> Shane

It should be listed under
E:\Backup\Backup.arc 4.794MB
March 9, 2009 12:13:59 AM

to open the backup.arc file, please try Noki which is a Nokia backup file extractor and explorer.

The contacts, text messages etc can be converted to .txt, .html or Excel .xls format.

For the details, please check the backup file recovery guide.