Solved

New gaming PC build (first build)

This is my first time building a PC and I would like to know sort-of how to do it.

-What parts do I put together first?
-How should I spread the thermal paste?
-Do I only put in one gpu then after installing everything put in the second one?
-How do I have it so certain things are put on to my ssd and others on my hdd the first time I boot it up?
-Should I test it outside of the case or just put everything inside, and any other things that I should be warned about, being a new builder.

system specs:

cpu: i5 3570k
cpu cooler:noctua nh-d14
motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155
ram:G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD, and Samsung 840 pro Series 128GB SSD
gpu: (2) MSI R7970 Lightnings in 2 way CrossFire
case: nzxt phantom atx full tower
psu: xfx xxx 850w semi modular

disk reader thing: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
os: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

And MX-4 thermal paste

Thank you!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming build first build
  1. -What parts do I put together first? i always put the cpu , heatsink and ram on to the motherboard outside of the case

-How should I spread the thermal paste? a blob on the cpu about the size of a grain of rice or a pea

-Do I only put in one gpu then after installing everything put in the second one? i usually put the gpu in after i install the mobo into the case.

-How do I have it so certain things are put on to my ssd and others on my hdd the first time I boot it up? when you are ready to boot up your os leave your hdd unplugged

-Should I test it outside of the case or just put everything inside ? some do some don't i usually do
    any other things that I should be warned about, being a new builder. STATIC ELECTRICITY MAKE SURE TO GROUND YOURSELF . two methods to that a wrist strap or touching the case every couple of minutes . And take your time and read the instructions for all the parts. Also watch some build video's on youtube thats how i learned . Have fun and good luck
  2. wich way should i have my nh-d14 blow out the back or the top, and which way does it blow?
  3. I am installing the nh-d14 and the directions say to put its backplate over the stock backplate were can I find the "stock backplate"?
  4. Best answer
    have it mounted so that the fans are towards the exhaust fan as if you mount it vertically you may have issues with graphics card clearance...
  5. Best answer selected by reedunbar.
  6. thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems