Liqud cooler or 680 SLI

zoolander2019

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hi all,
I am about to buy components for my computer thanks to the great advice from all you. I had one more question tho. I was going to get two GTX 680’s and run them in SLI but I started reading about custom liquid cooling. I was researching pricing and performance and decided that if I wanted to do this I would have to drop one of the 680’s and closed loop cpu cooler to afford building this thing. I know that if I liquid cool/overclock one 680 GPU I won’t get close to the performance of 2 680’s in SLI. But I’m starting to think I really don’t need two 680’s in SLI.
So my question is do you all think it would be better to have two 680’s and a corsair H100 cpu cooler or try and build my own cooler with one less 680? Here is the configuration I plan on doing below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks
Mike

redeemer

Distinguished
Well is you absolutely need silence then watercooling a the way to go, however SLI GTX 680's destroy most things.

Personally I would go SLI 680's and an H100 route, the performance should hold you quite a while past the 700 series well into Maxwell!