First Gaming build. Any suggestions before I buy the parts?

BuilderSon

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hi guys, this is my first post on this website and it seems very high tech and filled with knowledge. I recently decided on building a gaming computer on a budget for games like Crysis 3, CoD:BO2, Far Cry, Minecraft, and Skyrim. I'm also looking for a computer I can record with for the lower games like CoD and Minecraft. This is what I came up with, I wont be OCing the CPU atm, but in the future I will upgrade the MOBO and clock the card.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ClUN

You should also know I live in Canada, and my budget is 955 solid. I have a 1tb HDD and 4gm rams with me donated from a friend that had the spare parts. I'm planning to run the games at Ultra with 60fps, if not 40.
I will be also recording with a GPU intensive mod on Minecraft called SEUS, or shaders. Please list anything I should change for price advantages! Thanks

-BuilderSon.

That's a nice build but your GPU is going to sound like a hairdryer under load. Might look at swapping for EVGA 02G-P4-3677-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2 if you're an EVGA fan or a MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC if not. Anything with two or more fans, basically. Only real regret of this build was getting reference-style card.

TRENDING THREADS