Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gtx 660Ti or Gtx 660

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
December 25, 2012 9:24:30 PM

Comparing the follwoing two cards:

asus gtx660:
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76427&promoid=1033 (180)

evga gtx660ti:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4... (would be 230 on 26th)

Is the ti one worth the extra 50 bucks?

Thanks in advance.

More about : gtx 660ti gtx 660

a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 9:29:58 PM

Yes, it worth! :) 
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 25, 2012 9:46:48 PM

First off merry christmas!As for your question imo no it be worth $25-$30 more but $50 no thanks!I would pass on it.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 11:39:03 PM

bigcyco1 said:
First off merry christmas!As for your question imo no it be worth $25-$30 more but $50 no thanks!I would pass on it.


At the time and rate i wouldnt buy a 600 series wait for the 700
m
0
l
December 25, 2012 11:43:48 PM

determinologyz said:
At the time and rate i wouldnt buy a 600 series wait for the 700


Right now, I am building my desktop for use even during school. So I kinda have to make a decisions here. Maybe I really chose a bad time but I really need it.

What would be your opinion if I have to choose between one of them?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 11:45:02 PM

GTX 660 non ti
m
0
l
December 25, 2012 11:47:58 PM

determinologyz said:
GTX 660 non ti


Thanks. :D  and Merry Christmas!!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 11:49:24 PM

eliu1234 said:
Thanks. :D  and Merry Christmas!!


Marry christmas to you to and good luck, Let us know how the card works out for you
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 11:53:40 PM

Do not get the GTX 660 non ti -- get the HD 7870, which is cheaper, and has performance similar to the GTX 660Ti.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 11:54:55 PM

jemm said:
Do not get the GTX 660 non ti -- get the HD 7870, which is cheaper, and has performance similar to the GTX 660Ti.


He asked for 2 card..Why does people try to add in..CLEARLY he said 660 TI or non ti..He didnt say 7870 nor any other card
m
0
l
December 25, 2012 11:56:58 PM

jemm said:
Do not get the GTX 660 non ti -- get the HD 7870, which is cheaper, and has performance similar to the GTX 660Ti.


Definitely thanks for the advice, but right now, the 660 ti and the hd 7870 are at the same price after all the discount and rebate.
m
0
l

Best solution

Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 26, 2012 12:07:39 AM

eliu1234 said:
just wondering if you know it, i just came across this card

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76367&vpn=GTX660%2DDC...

I am wondering comparing the two asus one, which is better? it's a clock rate to cooling sacrifice i guess?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

the second one just saves you from some overclocking with a higher clock rate.

nice find.
Share
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 12:18:18 AM

Nope, they are not the same.
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 12:20:48 AM

jemm said:
Nope, they are not the same.



would the oc make the graphic card lifetime much shorter than it would be though?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 12:34:34 AM

In theory yes, but the one you´ve listed is OC by the manufacturer, so they might offer you warranty, eh?
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 12:36:14 AM

jemm said:
In theory yes, but the one you´ve listed is OC by the manufacturer, so they might offer you warranty, eh?


So the higher clock rate is better than the better cooling ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 12:37:37 AM

determinologyz said:
He asked for 2 card..Why does people try to add in..CLEARLY he said 660 TI or non ti..He didnt say 7870 nor any other card


Oh! really? Then why on the hell have yourself said to the OP to wait for the 700?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 12:40:34 AM

eliu1234 said:
So the higher clock rate is better than the better cooling ?


I am not sure what you are asking, but both cards seems to have the same cooling system.
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 12:47:36 AM

jemm said:
I am not sure what you are asking, but both cards seems to have the same cooling system.



Sorry if I misunderstood you, but I thought you said they are not the same.
m
0
l
Anonymous
December 26, 2012 1:04:30 AM

HOLD UP!!! im about to buy a 660ti , should i wait????????
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 1:07:49 AM

Anonymous said:
HOLD UP!!! im about to buy a 660ti , should i wait????????


If you want to buy a gtx 660 ti, that price is pretty good i think. cant find anything lower than that.

It also depends on how much you want it. It would definitely drop. But would you want to wait for that time, or do you want to use it now?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 2:52:36 PM

jemm said:
Oh! really? Then why on the hell have yourself said to the OP to wait for the 700?


because i mentioned the better option instead of buying the 600 series all together but he said he needed a card asap..As for me i still would wait for the 700
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
December 26, 2012 2:56:52 PM

Anonymous said:
HOLD UP!!! im about to buy a 660ti , should i wait????????


Honestly i wouldnt and i would just wait it out because once you buy the 660ti and you see that the 770 is out you going to cringe and think why the hell i didnt wait "buyers remorse" Im not saying 660ti is a bad card because i do own one but its up to you..Just saying i think it will be well worth the wait
m
0
l
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 26, 2012 3:31:57 PM

determinologyz said:
Honestly i wouldnt and i would just wait it out because once you buy the 660ti and you see that the 770 is out you going to cringe and think why the hell i didnt wait "buyers remorse" Im not saying 660ti is a bad card because i do own one but its up to you..Just saying i think it will be well worth the wait

what?

it will be at least 3 months before the first 7xx series card is released and even them it will be the 780. the higher mid range cards will be released months later so you're looking at 4-6 months (Q2/3 2013).

absolutely no reason to wait that long.
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 26, 2012 4:19:20 PM

Anonymous said:
what?

it will be at least 3 months before the first 7xx series card is released and even them it will be the 780. the higher mid range cards will be released months later so you're looking at 4-6 months (Q2/3 2013).

absolutely no reason to wait that long.
+1 i agree besides i do not understand peoples logic behind waiting life to short get your game on ;)  There is always going to be a card that will spank your card six months to year from whenever you buy it anyway :lol: 
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:31:36 PM

i really think u shouldn't wait if u waited for the 760 or the 760 ti u'll wait then for not less than 10 months maybe ! and u'll wait for a card based on a same arch. and u won't find this huge Performance boost , if u wanna wait then wait fot the Maxwell :p 
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:33:35 PM

Sandouby_96 said:
i really think u shouldn't wait if u waited for the 760 or the 760 ti u'll wait then for not less than 10 months maybe ! and u'll wait for a card based on a same arch. and u won't find this huge Performance boost , if u wanna wait then wait fot the Maxwell :p 



Thanks for the replay, which one would you choose though between the three?
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:35:51 PM

BTW both cards are very good cards u'll be stasified by buying any of them so Dont worry if u can afford more 50 bucks then go for the TI if u can't then go for the non TI
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:37:12 PM

Sandouby_96 said:
BTW both cards are very good cards u'll be stasified by buying any of them so Dont worry if u can afford more 50 bucks then go for the TI if u can't then go for the non TI



What is the difference between ti and non ti?
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:38:04 PM

Step up to 670, u wont regret it. :)  660ti is bottlenecked by its own 192bit bandwidth which comes into play at high resolution+anti aliasing+ anisotrophic filtering. I would avoid TI version.
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:38:28 PM

i've tested both the 660 and the 7870 and they both gave me very equal results :)  so ithink u should go either for the 660or the 660 ti if u can pay more 50 $
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:40:48 PM

ti is a bit more beefy, but your only gaining about 5 fps. I got the evga 660 ftw because i couldn't justify paying $50 more just for ~5 fps. Most games will peg out 60 fps with the gtx 660 unless your running some super big resolution setting.
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:40:53 PM

Sandouby_96 said:
i've tested both the 660 and the 7870 and they both gave me very equal results :)  so ithink u should go either for the 660or the 660 ti if u can pay more 50 $



Sorry if I am off the topic here. For those cards, two of them are having a 980mhz clock rate and one is 1020, is this a big difference?
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:43:53 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
ti is a bit more beefy, but your only gaining about 5 fps. I got the evga 660 ftw because i couldn't justify paying $50 more just for ~5 fps. Most games will peg out 60 fps with the gtx 660 unless your running some super big resolution setting.



What would be the gain for 660 ftw?
m
0
l
December 26, 2012 4:46:37 PM

eliu1234 said:
What is the difference between ti and non ti?

they are different cards based on different GPUs ,the 660 ti has moreshader units & cuda cores it performs about (6-8%)better than the non ti
m
0
l
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 26, 2012 4:46:43 PM

eliu1234 said:
Sorry if I am off the topic here. For those cards, two of them are having a 980mhz clock rate and one is 1020, is this a big difference?
higher factory overclocked which usually would only result in a few fps better performance
m
0
l
January 4, 2013 4:42:24 PM

$50/5fps argument is interesting because when it comes to high end cards, u pay more to gain less as you climb to the top. Just pointing that out.
m
0
l
January 5, 2013 1:33:04 AM

Best answer selected by eliu1234.
m
0
l
!