Hello,

I was building my new pc. my specs is :

AMD FX 4300 4core
Tronxmonster 450w psu
Asrock 970 extreme3 R2.0
sapphire radeon hd6750 vapor-x
Gskill 4GB DDR3 1600mhz
WD cavier SATA 40gb hdd

the problem is 5 seconds after power on, my monitor just go black but pc still running. I can enter bios but it happen, monitor just goes black after that.

i'd try to reinsert gpu, ram, HDD, DVD but it happen again.

This is my new rig, ive cant do anything with it.
February 10, 2013 12:57:14 AM

What kind of cooling setup do you have? Is the fan spinning on the Radeon? Does Windows seem to load or does the computer stop responding altogether?
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:10:48 AM

i just use standard heatsink that come with the cpu and 1 120mm cpu fan.

windows seems to load, i can see asrock logo come out and then the screen goes black.

I also noticed that the display goes like this also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFhbmudTyU

i guess have to check the gpu.
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2013 1:15:40 AM

Yeah, make sure the video card is fully seated and not overly warm.
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:19:43 AM

may not be the gpu but the power supply may not be holding up the 12v line. see if you have another video card...cheap one that uses less power then the card you have. also try one dimm of ram and unplug the harddrive from power to see if you can keep the mb power up in the bios.
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:22:51 AM

It really does sound like a faulty graphics card to me. Can try pulling the card out and re-seating but if that doesn't help then I would do a return of the card.
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:26:49 AM

This may be a stupid question...but did you use thermal compound between the CPU and the CPU heatsink?
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:35:49 AM

Kjwinden said:
This may be a stupid question...but did you use thermal compound between the CPU and the CPU heatsink?

Yes i do have using thermal compound for the cpu
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:41:22 AM

smorizio said:
may not be the gpu but the power supply may not be holding up the 12v line. see if you have another video card...cheap one that uses less power then the card you have. also try one dimm of ram and unplug the harddrive from power to see if you can keep the mb power up in the bios.

Thanks for the answer, ive tried removing Harddrive and also use only one dimm ram but the same things happen.

Actually i can get into bios but then the screen just goes black.

I hope it was gpu, ill try find another gpu and will check it out.
m
l
February 10, 2013 1:43:28 AM

JamesSneed said:
It really does sound like a faulty graphics card to me. Can try pulling the card out and re-seating but if that doesn't help then I would do a return of the card.

Yeah, i think the graphic card faulty. it was posted to me using our national courier. i'm feel regret
m
l
!