everything worked fine, until i launch FFXI through PlayOnline Viewer.

i searched the web for this problem and could only find a topic here
(that apparently didn’t exist, as in that’s what it tells me when i
try to reply), this is pretty much my case, except it’s not been
working since installation. also this is the only thing i can find on
google that’s at least related to my problem. below is the url and
what the topic creator’s first post said:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/-final-fantasy-xi-ftopict190520.html
"I recently upgraded my graphics card to an Nvidia geforce 5700fx go.
I had
to update the BIOS. Everything works fine, except for Final Fantasy
XI. I am
able to login to PlayOnline Viewer, but as soon as I try to play Final
Fantasy XI, I get a windows error message saying (Pol.exe application
error)
(the instruction at "0x0116283c" referenced memory at
"0x00000000". The
memory could not be "written".) and then it exits the program. I
have
contacted support at square/enix, and i was told it was a windows
problem. I
can’t seem to find any information that is helpful."

i also tried a number of things like reinstalling, change to
compatibility modes, didn’t work. although when i changed the
compatibility to windows 95/98/me it shuts down the program instead of
the error message.

i’m running all the recommended system requirement, except for the
graphics card, which is a model behind (Nvidia GeForceFX 5200, but
i’ve got twice the ram for it).

thanks in advance. i waited so long for amazon to deliver and finally
turned to another online store who delivered within a few days, now
that it’s here i can’t get it to work, i couldn’t even sleep properly
because of it

"thisisaspace" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

> i searched the web for this problem and could only find a topic here
> (that apparently didnt exist, as in thats what it tells me when i
> try to reply), this is pretty much my case, except its not been
> working since installation. also this is the only thing i can find on
> google thats at least related to my problem. below is the url and
> what the topic creators first post said:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/-final-fantasy-xi-ftopict190520.html
> "I recently upgraded my graphics card to an Nvidia geforce 5700fx go.
> I had
> to update the BIOS. Everything works fine, except for Final Fantasy
> XI. I am
> able to login to PlayOnline Viewer, but as soon as I try to play Final
> Fantasy XI, I get a windows error message saying (Pol.exe application
> error)
> (the instruction at "0x0116283c" referenced memory at
> "0x00000000". The
> memory could not be "written".) and then it exits the program. I
> have
> contacted support at square/enix, and i was told it was a windows
> problem. I
> cant seem to find any information that is helpful."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.games/browse_thread/thread/33f4c761b49e29ad/520b0107ca3a6c4c?q=%22ffxi%22+pol.exe+error&rnum=1#520b0107ca3a6c4c

Thought your post looked familiar. :cool:

> im running all the recommended system requirement, except for the
> graphics card, which is a model behind (Nvidia GeForceFX 5200, but
> ive got twice the ram for it).

What graphics card do you have? Do you get the exact same error happening?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

"Paul Smith" wrote:
>"thisisaspace" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
>
>> i searched the web for this problem and could only find a topic
>here
>> (that apparently didnt exist, as in thats what it tells me when i
>> try to reply), this is pretty much my case, except its not been
>> working since installation. also this is the only thing i can
>find on
>> google thats at least related to my problem. below is the url and
>> what the topic creators first post said:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/-final-fantasy-xi-ftopict190520.html
>> "I recently upgraded my graphics card to an Nvidia geforce 5700fx
>go.
>> I had
>> to update the BIOS. Everything works fine, except for Final
>Fantasy
>> XI. I am
>> able to login to PlayOnline Viewer, but as soon as I try to play
>Final
>> Fantasy XI, I get a windows error message saying (Pol.exe
>application
>> error)
>> (the instruction at "0x0116283c" referenced memory at
>> "0x00000000". The
>> memory could not be "written".) and then it exits the program. I
>> have
>> contacted support at square/enix, and i was told it was a windows
>> problem. I
>> cant seem to find any information that is helpful."
>
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.games/browse_thread/thread/33f4c761b49e29ad/520b0107ca3a6c4c?q=%22ffxi%22+pol.exe+error&rnum=1#520b0107ca3a6c4c
>
>Thought your post looked familiar.
>
>> im running all the recommended system requirement, except for the
>> graphics card, which is a model behind (Nvidia GeForceFX 5200,
>but
>> ive got twice the ram for it).
>
>What graphics card do you have? Do you get the exact same error
>happening?

Nvidia GeForceFX 5200, with 128 VRAM

TRENDING THREADS