Graphics problems

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Im trying to play a game called LBA2 that came out in 1998. Problem is I have
windows XP and the graphics are all fuzzy.
Can I make it think its in windows 98 or something like that?

thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:75E95DBE-6276-497E-A488-0DACF28EB871@microsoft.com,
roy <roy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Im trying to play a game called LBA2 that came out in 1998. Problem
> is I have windows XP and the graphics are all fuzzy.
> Can I make it think its in windows 98 or something like that?
>
> thanks

Find the executable (the actual file that you run when you use the program,
not the shortcut to it if applicable) and right click on it, select
properties, click on the compatablity tab, and select 98 in the drop down
menu.

See here also:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/expert/durham_og.mspx

Galen

"roy" <roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to play a game called LBA2 that came out in 1998. Problem is I
> have
> windows XP and the graphics are all fuzzy.
> Can I make it think its in windows 98 or something like that?

In addition to what Galen said, have you tried updating your video drivers
(http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/drivers.php)....? It could really be a
number of things... What kind of monitor do you have a thin TFT one or a
bulky CRT?

If you're using a TFT, it could look blurry if it runs at a low-resolution
as TFTs are designed to display in a specific resolution, typically much
higher then games ran at back in 1998, when it stretches it to the higher
resolution to fill the display it looks a little blurry.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.