Best WIDE-ANGLE zlr?

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 30, 2004 8:48:45 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what is the best wide-angle Digital ZLR
currently available. Specifically, I would like to purchase a 6+
Mega-pixel ZLR that can shoot (with a wide-angle adapter) as wide as a
35mm film camera with an 18mm lens.

Currently, it seems that only the new Nikon Coolpix 8400 (with a Nikon
WC-E75 Wide-angle Converter) fits this criteria. Are there any other
Digital ZLR's capable of shooting this wide, or do I have to consider
buying a more expensive Digital SLR to get this capability from
another camera manufacturer?

- Peter

More about : wide angle zlr

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 10:16:10 PM

On 30 Nov 2004 17:48:45 -0800, hummbaby@aol.com (Peter Lawrence) wrote:
>Currently, it seems that only the new Nikon Coolpix 8400 (with a Nikon
>WC-E75 Wide-angle Converter) fits this criteria. Are there any other
>Digital ZLR's capable of shooting this wide, or do I have to consider
>buying a more expensive Digital SLR to get this capability from
>another camera manufacturer?

The Panasonic with a Raynox .3x semi-fisheye will yield about the equivalent
of a 12mm lens on a 35mm camera.

FYI:
Here's what I've done with my FZ20;
1st) installed one of these adapters; aluminum, very well made

2nd) bought one of these semi-fish eye lenses, with a step down ring.
http://www.adorama.com/RXMX3000.html?searchinfo=RXMX300...
http://www.adorama.com/FLD6258.html?searchinfo=FLD6258&...

The adapter lets me use 62mm filters and have a lens hood out in front of the
filter, along with letting me attach the fisheye lens. This Raynox is a pretty
decent lens, much better than I expected.
I've also got one of Raynox's 2.2X telephoto lenses coming for the long end.
(it's here)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...

Anybody wanna buy a pile of film equipment? :-)
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 7:19:11 PM

Simon,
What kind of film equipment do you have for sale?

December 3, 2004 7:19:12 PM

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:19:11 GMT, "Timothy Malone via PhotoKB.com"
<forum@PhotoKB.com> wrote:

>Simon,
> What kind of film equipment do you have for sale?

I haven't put it up for sale yet, but when I do it'll be:
Two Minolta 7000i bodies, one is 8+ one is a 7+ condition, both work, I've used
them
One Sigma UC Zoom 28-70mm f1:3.5-4.5 lens ; 8 condition
One Minolta AF Zoom 35-80mm f1:4-5.6 lens ; 5 condition(missing internal lens
cap)
One Minolta AF Zoom 80-200mm f1:4.5-5.6 lens; 9 condition
One Minolta Maxxum 3200i flash w/case; 9 condition
Also:
A Kiev 88 kit with WLF, ELF, four 120 backs,80mm, 30mm and 180mm lenses
all in cases.
I haven't even thought about prices yet.
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 5:50:24 AM

I didn't see anything that I need, or want. Good lucu with your sale.

January 8, 2005 11:33:59 AM

hummbaby@aol.com (Peter Lawrence) wrote in

> Currently, it seems that only the new Nikon Coolpix 8400 (with a Nikon
> WC-E75 Wide-angle Converter) fits this criteria. Are there any other

The Coolpix 5000 with the WC-E68 comes close to your criteria. 19mm equiv
and 5 MP. If someone were looking for very wide at a lower cost, a used
5000 might be a good choice.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply