NFSU2 stutters @ low res

Jim

Hi

i have a problem with need for speed undergroud 2. I have all the settings
set to the minimum level, 640x480, everything set to off, and the game just
stutters constantly. every few seconds the screen will freeze.

my system specs are:

intel p4 2.0ghz
512 mb ram
geforcefx 5950
soundblaster audigy x-gamer

I know nfsu2 is supposed to have some pretty good grapics, but I would think
even with a 2.0 cpu and a 5950 i'd be able to run the game . I've updated
all my drivers and applied the 1.1 patch from ea. can anyone tell me
something that i've missed? any help that anyone could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks,

:) Jim

"Jim" <.> wrote in message news:OO3ZSGpMFHA.2384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> i have a problem with need for speed undergroud 2. I have all the
> settings
> set to the minimum level, 640x480, everything set to off, and the game
> just
> stutters constantly. every few seconds the screen will freeze.

Hello, have you done anything in the way of shutting down background
applications? Including virus scanners etc?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

peter

I had some strange troubles with it at first as well. After I turned off the
anti-aliasing it ran fine. You could try that.