C&C Generals, Far Cry, and Battlefield 1942

All three games install but when I go to play them I get a messge telling me
to insert the correct CD-ROM when the right disc is in the drive. I've tried
both drives and it works on neither. I will add that one cd drive is a DVD
drive and the other is a CD/DVD burner. Also, all three games worked fine on
Windows 98SE.

"Lulupendragon" <Lulupendragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All three games install but when I go to play them I get a messge telling
> me
> to insert the correct CD-ROM when the right disc is in the drive. I've
> tried
> both drives and it works on neither. I will add that one cd drive is a
> DVD
> drive and the other is a CD/DVD burner. Also, all three games worked fine
> on
> Windows 98SE.

Are you running as an admin user?

Do you have any CD-emulation software installed, this can be things like
Nero, Virtual Daemon and Alcohol 120%, if you do, try removing them
rebooting and see what happens.

There's also a patch that fixed a bug between fast-switching and limited
users and copy-protection systems that may help which can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=eae20f0f-c41c-44fe-84ce-1df707d7a2e9&displaylang=en

Failing those try getting on to EA (and Ubi I think?) they may have
information on specific drives that have compatibility issues with the copy
protection system they're using.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

Screw all that, just go to megagames.com and get a no-cd patch!!!

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Lulupendragon" <Lulupendragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All three games install but when I go to play them I get a messge
telling
> > me
> > to insert the correct CD-ROM when the right disc is in the drive. I've
> > tried
> > both drives and it works on neither. I will add that one cd drive is a
> > DVD
> > drive and the other is a CD/DVD burner. Also, all three games worked
fine
> > on
> > Windows 98SE.
>
> Are you running as an admin user?
>
> Do you have any CD-emulation software installed, this can be things like
> Nero, Virtual Daemon and Alcohol 120%, if you do, try removing them
> rebooting and see what happens.
>
> There's also a patch that fixed a bug between fast-switching and limited
> users and copy-protection systems that may help which can be downloaded
from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=eae20f0f-c41c-44fe-84ce-1df707d7a2e9&displaylang=en

> Failing those try getting on to EA (and Ubi I think?) they may have
> information on specific drives that have compatibility issues with the
copy
> protection system they're using.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.dasmirnov.net/
> http://windows.dasmirnov.net/ Windows XP Resource Site.
>
> *Replace nospam with smirnov to reply by e-mail*

TRENDING THREADS