Closed Solved

Comp wont boot anymore :(

Hi,

I just did a huge mistake while trying to set up a RAM Disk.

I accidentally marked the RAM Disk I had just created as Active Partition and thought it was a mistake that I could undo by marking the C: drive as Active Partition.

Windows warned me that changing Active Partition can make my system unbootable and I clicked yes because I thought C: was my bootable partition...

Now my computer wont boot anymore and I've tried to boot with my windows 7 CD, but it wont work... even though I changed the boot options to.
1. CD/DVD drive
2. Disabled

It changes nothing if i try to boot from my RAID array or from the bootable CD so what should I do...

Please help me I have alot of valuable data on my computer and need it to work tonight lol...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alex
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about comp wont boot anymore
  1. Best answer
    On many motherboards, you can press the F12 button to allow the user to manually select the boot device. Try that to force a boot from the Win 7 DVD. Then, perform a startup repair:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/startup-repair
  2. tyvm, it finally worked but the hard part was that the screen would stay blank even if i ran the DVD so i couldnt find out what to do.

After hundreds of reboots and different tries, i managed to boot from CD the setup repaired worked.
  3. Congrats on getting sorted out. Have fun!!!
  4. Best answer selected by alexqc.
  5. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Partition Boot Windows 7