Flickering during games.

For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions dim
and blink, hence flickering.
Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
figure it out.
I figured it was a problem with my video card.
Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.
Thank you

~Zac
2 answers Last reply
More about flickering games

    >For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
    >blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions dim
    >and blink, hence flickering.
    >Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
    >works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
    >exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
    >figure it out.
    >I figured it was a problem with my video card.
    >Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.

    Is the video card overheating? What is it? Which game is it?

    ===
    Katy P.
    MS_MVP for Flight Simulator

    Visit Project Magenta!
    http://www.promagenta.com

    "Zac" <Zac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
    > blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions
    > dim
    > and blink, hence flickering.
    > Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
    > works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
    > exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
    > figure it out.
    > I figured it was a problem with my video card.
    > Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.

    What graphics card do you have and what monitor?

    If you're not sure check out the guide here
    http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php.

    Posting your dxdiag file might be useful too to do this go to:
    Start
    -> Run
    --> Type dxdiag and press enter
    ---> wait for it to do it's thing