Flickering during games.

ZAC

For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions dim
and blink, hence flickering.
Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
figure it out.
I figured it was a problem with my video card.
Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.
Thank you

~Zac

>For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
>blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions dim
>and blink, hence flickering.
>Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
>works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
>exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
>figure it out.
>I figured it was a problem with my video card.
>Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.

Is the video card overheating? What is it? Which game is it?

===
Katy P.
MS_MVP for Flight Simulator

Visit Project Magenta!
http://www.promagenta.com

"Zac" <Zac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For over half my games, they run but while in-game the screen flickers in
> blocky patterns. Semi-hard to describe. it seems large, squarish potions
> dim
> and blink, hence flickering.
> Now if i reboot my PC and that game is the first application I run then it
> works fine. if i were to do something like playing an always-working game,
> exit it, then start the "flickering-prone" one...it will "flicker" I can't
> figure it out.
> I figured it was a problem with my video card.
> Any suggestions? or if needed I'llt ry to think up a better explination.

What graphics card do you have and what monitor?

If you're not sure check out the guide here
http://windows.dasmirnov.net/guides/hardware.php.

Posting your dxdiag file might be useful too to do this go to:
Start
-> Run
--> Type dxdiag and press enter
---> wait for it to do it's thing