FZ3 Battery Charger abroad?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 20, 2004 1:41:09 AM

Can the battery charger that comes with the DMC-FZ3 in the USA also be
used in Europe by attaching a simple plug adapter?
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:45:03 AM

"Michael" <mpbpub@one.net> wrote in message
> Can the battery charger that comes with the DMC-FZ3 in the USA also be
> used in Europe by attaching a simple plug adapter?

Sure. The manual says:
Battery Charger (Panasonic DE-993B):
Input: 110 - 240 V 50/60 Hz, 0.15 A

I know several people here in Europe that buys their cameras from US to save
some money. Most of the equipement works everywhere with the right adapter
plug. They just use an adapter for the plug and it works fine. Just check
the writing on the charger just in case...

--
Jan Otto
December 20, 2004 3:45:04 AM

"Jan Otto Ruud" <jan.ottor@gmail.com> wrote in

> "Michael" <mpbpub@one.net> wrote in message
>> Can the battery charger that comes with the DMC-FZ3 in the USA also
>> be used in Europe by attaching a simple plug adapter?
>
> Sure. The manual says:
> Battery Charger (Panasonic DE-993B):
> Input: 110 - 240 V 50/60 Hz, 0.15 A
>
> I know several people here in Europe that buys their cameras from US
> to save some money. Most of the equipement works everywhere with the
> right adapter plug. They just use an adapter for the plug and it
> works fine. Just check the writing on the charger just in case...

Thanks...
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 3:55:46 AM

Hi Michael,

> Can the battery charger that comes with the DMC-FZ3 in the USA also be
> used in Europe by attaching a simple plug adapter?

Voltage in USA is 120V, in Europe 220-230V. You have to check if your
battery charger accepts both voltages; if it does not you will need a
voltage converter to use it.

Julio.
!