Graphics card is causing system freezes, Time to RMA??

fullHDgamer500

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
My rig is this
CPU..Intel core i5 2500k @3.3Ghz
Motherboard..Asus P8P67 REV3.1
GPU..Sapphire HD7850 OC edition
PSU.. Coolermaster GX750W
RAM..8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
Case.. Antec 900 V2
HDD..2x1TB WD Caviar green
Monitor .. 24" AOC Full HD@1920x1080

The problem is with my graphics card,I bought it 3months ago.At first it ran fine and last week while i was surfing web it caused system freeze with annoying colourful dots and lines all over the screen.The only option was a hard restart.
After hard restart my windows wont load.Log on screen wont display and after that starting windows the screen became black with no response. It only ran i safe mode with a lot a loot of dots ,vertical and horizontal lines over the screen and at resolution of 800x600.
I reinstalled my windows and everything was fine again.I installed the latest drivers 12.11beta and it ran fine for 2 days after which once again i was playing BF3,it froze and i had to reinstall windows.Now it have happened 4 to 5 times that it causes freeze while playing bf3.
For making sure it was not BF3's fault i ran Furmark stress test for 30minutes and it froze after running 25 mins.
I switched back to 12.10 drivers and the problem not gone,
I ran memtest for 45 mins but all fine and no error,
My temps are either not bad.Idle is 28 or 30*C and under full load ( running furmark) it never goes above 64*C.
My PSU is also sufficient.It requires only 500w PSU recommended but i have a 750W PSU.
I have not overclocked my GPU yet and it is factory OCed at 920/1250 .
I have now switched back my old Nvidia GT440 and it never causes freeze.It ran furmark for 40 mins with temps reaching upto 96*C but never freezes.

I think following info is sufficient,so please tell should i return it to the shop from where i bought it , It still holds warranty of like 7 months...
I am very much worried so please help me

Bellular

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
If I were in your position I would return it. Sounds like you got a damaged / problematic card. A replacment card would definatly cut down on the stress and hassle and seems to be the safest option. Hope it goes well for you!

fullHDgamer500

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Thanks for your quick reply!
I am going to return it,
It worked fine for me during first two months,never had a problem with it.I played and ended Metro 2033 , NFS:The run and other GPU intensive games on it without any problem but mainly it started causing problems when i first played BF3 for continuous 3 hours ,It caused freeze(previously i played Metro 2033 etc games for maximum 1 or 2 continuous hours).