brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
WEll I found what I believe to be 'The deal of the century', a gtx 660 ti cheaper than any 7870 I can get in my country. My only problem is, I am not sure that leadtek is a quality brand. That brings me to my question, is leadtek a trusted brand and should I get the gpu?

link: Leadtek gtx 660 ti

brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
EDIT: ooops wrong topic, anyway....

I will be playing at 1080p and I was wondering if the 660ti memory at 192bit won't be as good as say the MSI R7870 at 256bit

Yeah don't worry about the bus width thing - it's irrelevant. It's one third of what calculates bandwidth, which is slightly more important. But the 7870 only has a bandwidth lead of around 5%. What counts is framerates. And Leadtek don't sell their cards in Britain any more, but they had a reputation for quality when they did. Second post on here is worth a read if you're interested in bandwidth:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/378279-15-gtx660-7850-7870

Last bit isn't relevant to you if you've found an awesome deal.

brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
thanks to all the replies so far :)

I'd just like to see if someone could find a review of the leadtek gpu, that would be really assuring.

Also 7870 vs 660 ti, the 660 ti is cheaper so it's sort of a no-brainer if the leadtek gpu is quality

brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Okay seeing as nobody has replied I assume nobody can find sources/reviews on the gpu.

So, it would be highly appreciated if you could look at the links below to see the specs of the card and just see what you can analyse from that. Then after that I would also like to know of it would be beneficial to pay a bit extra for the cards linked after that. Thanks in advance.

leadtek gpu link 1

Leadtek gpu link 2 (manufacturers website)

kfa2 alt.

evga alt.

Palit alt.

brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
The lack of replies is not that. Leadtek isn't a well known brand because they aren't in the US and a lot of European countries. Trust me I have spent a good few hours trying to dig up anything on the card, but nothing. I was hoping someone would know a particular website that had reviewed it, I'm not knowledgable on the different websites to look on and as mentioned google never turned up.

Also I read in a different post, by you as far as I can remember. It was about tech reports benchmarking with frame latency versus pure fps where they matched up they matched up the 660 ti against the 7950, great read :), thanks.

No problem :) I'm glad I know about it - people had been talking about frames/second being a poor measure of performance but I didn't know what alternative there was. Until recently, frame latency would probably line up pretty well with frames/second anyway, but now that nVidia is putting out so much more consistent framerates, it really changes things.

As for Leadtek, like I say they're probably absolutely fine. There's always the warranty if something goes wrong. Somebody else has been asking about Leadtek recently. They found one (I think on eBay) coming from Hong Kong and they were planning to use international shipping (still cheaper than buying one here). Somebody on there from SE Asia said that Leadtek are a major and highly-regarded brand in that part of the world. Even MSI, Gigabyte and Asus cards have been known to fail, so there are never any guarantees, other than the warranty.

http://videocardz.com/35457/leadtek-unveils-the-winfast-gtx-660-graphics-card

brbk

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I saw article, all it is are the specs put into paragraphs. I think I should reword what I wrote earlier, I would love benchmarks/actual reviews of using that gpu.

chongjauming

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Well, im not sure about the reviews and stuff, to me what matters most is value for money and the quality built of the GPU. I'm currently using Leadtek WinFast GTX 660 Ti for about 3 months and so far it never let me down and the built is solid. I'm from Malaysia and after currency conversion from MYR to USD, it cost me USD$265. I'm not sure whether the price is acceptable to you, but in my place is consider a good bargain. I'm playing Battlefield 4 with Ultra Setting and it runs smoothly.

My PC Spec:

A88XM-A
AMD A10 6800K
Leadtek WinFast GTX660 Ti
Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866Mhz

TRENDING THREADS