BSOD on Windows 7 Load

tastypotato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello all, new here!

I just put together my new computer and for the life of me I cannot get it to work. It's really starting to aggravate me.

Specs:
AMD FX 8320 CPU
ASUS M5A97
2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1333 RAM (It's on the approved vendor list)
EVGA 9800GTX
No CD Drive.

I've tried so many things with this... I've tried so many different combinations of parts it's not even funny.

I've swapped out things one at a time:
1. PSU
2. Graphics Card (Swapped for an 8800GTS and then some low profile graphics I have)
3. RAM
4.HDD
5. Motherboard (Used an old one with an old CPU) <-- This is when it worked. So I put parts back in one by one. I got the whole system up and running with an OLDER motherboard and an old AMD processor - Not what I really wanted...

You can go into the motherboard bios (Which I updated) and fiddle around with all of the settings but no matter what if I've got this motherboard and this cpu in the machine it refuses to boot to Windows. I have also already taken the motherboard back and gotten a replacement for it. Which leaves the CPU... I kind of don't want to have to go back and keep on telling them parts are broken when they might actually not be.

My friend has some fast fingers and managed to snap a picture of the BSOD as it was happening - I don't know how much help it'll be though. http://i.imgur.com/hEICZKY.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

tastypotato

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I have also tried to boot this machine off of a Linux live USB stick and it also refuses to boot into that as well if that's worth anything...

I don't have a CD drive that I can use on this thing so I tried making a bootable USB drive with it but I must have messed something up there because I just botched the Windows 7 installer and now I don't even get to the spinning colored lights part of the boot. Time to try a different HDD with Win 7 on it.