Sign in with
Your question

Why do CyberPower PCs have low end video cards?

Last response: in Systems
February 10, 2013 5:23:59 PM

Hey everyone! Just have a quick question.

I was looking around on Newegg for out of boredom and was looking at some prebuilt gaming PCs. I couldn't help but notice that most of the specs are pretty good, but the most important one in gaming, the video card, was the cheapest and lowest end component in the entire computer.

Can someone clear this up for me? If I'm a gamer and I want a computer that's going to play the latest games on higher settings at decent framrates, wouldn't the supplier want to include a decent video card?

Take a look at this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The card is a Radeon HD 6450, a very low end card costing roughly 30-40 dollars. Not only is it low end, but it was low end when it was introduced two years ago.

This is why I build my own PCs. I'm just asking this question out of curiosity.
a c 122 U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 5:27:58 PM

Because GPU's are expensive. Most morons that don't know much about computers see the core i3/5/7 sticker and know that more is better. They don't know about video cards. When something has an i5,i7 people assume it can run anything. Companies can charge out the butt for an i5 system with an awful GPU and still make a ton of money.
m
l
February 10, 2013 6:20:21 PM

Most companies are the same way,HP, Dell and etc for prebuilt computers. Remember many people aren't gamers or if they game they might only play games that don't need a good video card.

Of course there are custom prebuilt computers too.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2013 8:01:33 PM

If you just buy it from the cyberpower website you can put in just about any gpu(s) you want.
m
l
!