mikeb33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2002
I sent the following email to both Asus and Kingmax 2 separate times last week and neither has responded:

"Here are my system specs:

Asus P4S333 motherboard
Pentium 4 1.9GHz CPU
Compro GeForce3 video card
1 Generic 256mb DDR 266 memory
SB LIVE
Windows XP Pro
Asus iPanel

The problem:
I ordered from GoogleGear 2 Kingmax 256mb DDR333, model# MPMB62D-68KX3 http://www.googlegear.com/ggweb/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80033
When I removed the other memory and installed the Kingmax modules, the computer won't boot up. The power supply and fans come on, but there is no display or any other action. No beeps either. I tried clearing the CMOS, but it did not help. I put the other generic DDR266 memory back in and it works fine. I've have tried both DDR333 modules and one at a time, in each of the 3 memory banks, with no luck. The iPanel shows C5 at this point.

Question:
Is this the correct memory? Are there CMOS settings or motherboard jumpers to accommodate this memory? Is there anything else I can try?"

So first of all, I am steamed about poor(actually NO) support. GoogleGear had the decency to respond merely saying it must be incompatible and issuing a RMA to me.
Secondly, I wonder if any of you have advice for me? I like this Motherboard using the SIS645 chipset. It is running smooth and stable, but I want more memory and I really prefer to upgrade to the fastest possible. I want to try another, but if the type recommended in the motherboard manual doesn't work, how do I choose?

Thanks,

Michael

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
set bios memory normal \ conservative setings and try again I have the soyo dragon plus and as you can see in some of the 2700 related posts this problem is endemic to the 645 chipset apparantly

oh yeah and make sure cas is set to 2.5 will not boot at 2.0

lagger

<b><font color=blue>** Speed 2108(down)/365(up) kbps **
(At least 42 times faster than a 56k modem) </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lagger on 02/02/02 08:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>