Is this bundle good for budget gaming

10 answers Last reply
More about bundle good budget gaming
  1. it's fine
    just not sure that psu is good quality brand
  2. No, why? Crap PSU, outdated motherboard, 4GB RAM. Here's a better deal for roughly same price:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $379.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-10 16:13 EST-0500)

Benefits:
    - 20% faster GPU (main component in gaming system) - http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=681
    - More (faster) RAM, less HDD swapping (it's actually nulified)
    - H77 chipset includes more/newer features
  3. nope, there is 2x ram sticks totaling 8 gb
  4. The Corsair builder (CX) series are Channel-Well built pieces of crap, too - with the exception of the CX430, they are of poor quality.

I recommend either grabbing the CX430 (which is plenty for your system), or stick with seasonic or seasonic-built (PC Power & cooling, XFX, upper-end corsairs). Superflower-built PSU's seem to be good as well.
  5. wow thanks for the reply guys ill follow the parts as suggested

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3844172&CatId=1483

for the psu is this good?
  6. The GS Series is also built by CWT, though is of a bit higher quality than the CX. For around that price, I would recommend XFX Pro Series 450w.

Cases are mostly a matter of personal preference, there are many good cases to choose from and the Thermaltake will do just fine for you.

cheers!
  7. quilciri said:
    The Corsair builder (CX) series are Channel-Well built pieces of crap, too - with the exception of the CX430, they are of poor quality.

I recommend either grabbing the CX430 (which is plenty for your system), or stick with seasonic or seasonic-built (PC Power & cooling, XFX, upper-end corsairs). Superflower-built PSU's seem to be good as well.

its the vx builder series you mean
  8. I don't think Nicholas Cage & Sean Connery would show up to save your computer, though.
  9. lol...bill nye and mcguyver
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems Product