Need to know how to get rid of black border around my monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouJustGotCrafted

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
hey guys so i was streaming the internet on 1080p (currently am still running 1080p on my monitor) but when i launched minecarft it gave me this black border and well i thought it was for minecraft so i went on with it but then i exited the game completely and there was still a black border all across the edges of my monitor. thanks

Solution
Its called GPU scaling. If you got AMD card, launch minecraft, press ctrl+alt+del to launch task manager, then launch Catalyst Control Panel, find scaling options (I think it was under screen properties?), then set it to 0%. Another option is to use DVI cable instead of HDMI. Thats solved my issues automatically before and you don't really sacrifice quality. Good luck!

cgner

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Its called GPU scaling. If you got AMD card, launch minecraft, press ctrl+alt+del to launch task manager, then launch Catalyst Control Panel, find scaling options (I think it was under screen properties?), then set it to 0%. Another option is to use DVI cable instead of HDMI. Thats solved my issues automatically before and you don't really sacrifice quality. Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.