Some different BF2 problems

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2005 7:02:48 AM

Having a few BF2 problems that I haven't seen covered..

1. When I log on the Account Server it takes forever, and when its
done I'm either loading a map for a game server (not one I've
picked.....just a random server), or I'm told I was unable to load the
server. Whats up with that?

2. Sometimes when I hop into a vehicle.....tank, apc, etc. the gun
starts firing and doesn't stop until it over heats or goes empty. I'm
not doing anything but trying to drive it. Only solution so far is to
close the game, and reload it. Then its back to normal........at
least until it does that next time.

3. Not a true BF2 problem, but here goes...I installed the latest
NVidia drivers for my 6600GT vid card. Game plays nicely with the
drivers. Unfortunately, I can't play much of any other multimedia
files on my computer. No .avi's, mpegs, mp3's.....not in windows
media player, or winamp.....nothing. I've rolled the drivers back to
a 66.xx version and all is well (other than the warning in BF2 that I
need to update my driver!). Any ideas?

More about : bf2 problems

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 12:53:41 PM

<cpl366@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Having a few BF2 problems that I haven't seen covered..
>
> 1. When I log on the Account Server it takes forever, and when its
> done I'm either loading a map for a game server (not one I've
> picked.....just a random server), or I'm told I was unable to load the
> server. Whats up with that?

Don't use the "play now" icon, it automatically connects you to a random
server. The accounts servers have been a bit busy lately, hopefully that
issue will have gone away.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 4:47:09 PM

cpl366@hotmail.com wrote:
> Having a few BF2 problems that I haven't seen covered..
>
> 1. When I log on the Account Server it takes forever, and when its
> done I'm either loading a map for a game server (not one I've
> picked.....just a random server), or I'm told I was unable to load the
> server. Whats up with that?
>
> 2. Sometimes when I hop into a vehicle.....tank, apc, etc. the gun
> starts firing and doesn't stop until it over heats or goes empty. I'm
> not doing anything but trying to drive it. Only solution so far is to
> close the game, and reload it. Then its back to normal........at
> least until it does that next time.
>
> 3. Not a true BF2 problem, but here goes...I installed the latest
> NVidia drivers for my 6600GT vid card. Game plays nicely with the
> drivers. Unfortunately, I can't play much of any other multimedia
> files on my computer. No .avi's, mpegs, mp3's.....not in windows
> media player, or winamp.....nothing. I've rolled the drivers back to
> a 66.xx version and all is well (other than the warning in BF2 that I
> need to update my driver!). Any ideas?

Well I am using the 77.76 drivers with great sucess on both fronts.
check your settings and make sure you don't have 'W' set as alt fire
button in your vehicles menu.
account server hasn't been a real problem for me, when it's up. it may
be the time of day you play ( maintainence time on the server) or you
migh need to upgrade if your system is more then 18 months old....
July 28, 2005 9:09:16 PM

In article <07ige195lnspg94ogg4aibi4uouo3v2b1v@4ax.com>, cpl366
@hotmail.com says...
> 3. Not a true BF2 problem, but here goes...I installed the latest
> NVidia drivers for my 6600GT vid card. Game plays nicely with the
> drivers. Unfortunately, I can't play much of any other multimedia
> files on my computer. No .avi's, mpegs, mp3's.....not in windows
> media player, or winamp.....nothing. I've rolled the drivers back to
> a 66.xx version and all is well (other than the warning in BF2 that I
> need to update my driver!). Any ideas?

Have you tried the 77.30 drivers that come on the BF2 dvd?
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

Thanks!

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:53:41 +0100, "Lorian" <nospam@lorian.nod>
wrote:

>Don't use the "play now" icon, it automatically connects you to a random
>server. The accounts servers have been a bit busy lately, hopefully that
>issue will have gone away.

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 12:51:08 AM

I've tried the ones that came with BF2, as well as the latest from
NVidia. The 66.xx drivers actually play the game well, I'm just
wondering why the mulitmedia problems with the newest drivers.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:09:16 +0200, Lansenerd <lansenerd@coldmail.com>
wrote:

>In article <07ige195lnspg94ogg4aibi4uouo3v2b1v@4ax.com>, cpl366
>@hotmail.com says...
>> 3. Not a true BF2 problem, but here goes...I installed the latest
>> NVidia drivers for my 6600GT vid card. Game plays nicely with the
>> drivers. Unfortunately, I can't play much of any other multimedia
>> files on my computer. No .avi's, mpegs, mp3's.....not in windows
>> media player, or winamp.....nothing. I've rolled the drivers back to
>> a 66.xx version and all is well (other than the warning in BF2 that I
>> need to update my driver!). Any ideas?
>>

>Have you tried the 77.30 drivers that come on the BF2 dvd?
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:11:30 AM

Some keys on your board stuck?

--
RobertJM

"Mr. Nemo" <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote in message
> cpl366@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Having a few BF2 problems that I haven't seen covered..
>>
>> 1. When I log on the Account Server it takes forever, and when its
>> done I'm either loading a map for a game server (not one I've
>> picked.....just a random server), or I'm told I was unable to load the
>> server. Whats up with that?
>>
>> 2. Sometimes when I hop into a vehicle.....tank, apc, etc. the gun
>> starts firing and doesn't stop until it over heats or goes empty. I'm
>> not doing anything but trying to drive it. Only solution so far is to
>> close the game, and reload it. Then its back to normal........at
>> least until it does that next time.
>>
>> 3. Not a true BF2 problem, but here goes...I installed the latest
>> NVidia drivers for my 6600GT vid card. Game plays nicely with the
>> drivers. Unfortunately, I can't play much of any other multimedia
>> files on my computer. No .avi's, mpegs, mp3's.....not in windows
>> media player, or winamp.....nothing. I've rolled the drivers back to
>> a 66.xx version and all is well (other than the warning in BF2 that I
>> need to update my driver!). Any ideas?
>>

> Well I am using the 77.76 drivers with great sucess on both fronts.
> check your settings and make sure you don't have 'W' set as alt fire
> button in your vehicles menu.
> account server hasn't been a real problem for me, when it's up. it may be
> the time of day you play ( maintainence time on the server) or you migh
> need to upgrade if your system is more then 18 months old....
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 1:11:31 AM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:11:30 +0100, "RobertJM"
<robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote:

>Some keys on your board stuck?

I wouldn't think so. It only happens randomly. If it starts
happening the only way to stop it, is to exit BF2, and restart it.
That pretty much takes care of it. Its just a hassle to hop in a APC
and inadvertantly start smoking everything around you.
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 7:16:32 PM

the answer to your problem can no doubt be researched at www.guru3d.com
if you can't find an answer there about a video question you didn't
actually have a video question......
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:34:47 AM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:16:32 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"

Thanks for the point in the right direction! It would seem that as a
bonus on my 6600GT they (NVidia goofed things around). They are
working on driver fix now. Maybe they'll have it out by the time I
get back from vacation.

!