Little noise inside my new Minolta Z10 ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 2, 2005 4:33:00 PM

Hello !

When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back, I ear
a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling inside (it
seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to locate...)
I borrough about that...
Is it normal ?
If somebody has the same camera, can he tell me ?

Without this noise, I think the Z10 is a very good digital camera for a low
price !

Thanks for your answer.
--
Regards,
Alf92

Alf92 wrote:
> Hello !
>
> When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back,
> I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling
> inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
> locate...) I borrough about that...
> Is it normal ?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take it
back to the shop and compare with an identical model.

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 8:19:08 PM

"David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Alf92 wrote:
>> Hello !
>>
>> When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back,
>> I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling
>> inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
>> locate...) I borrough about that...
>> Is it normal ?
>
> I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take it
> back to the shop and compare with an identical model.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something about this
not being a sign of a fault....

Robert
January 2, 2005 8:19:09 PM

Bill Again wrote:
> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Alf92 wrote:
>>> Hello !
>>>
>>> When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to
>>> back, I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic
>>> travelling
>>> inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
>>> locate...) I borrough about that...
>>> Is it normal ?
>>
>> I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take
>> it back to the shop and compare with an identical model.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>

> Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something
> about this not being a sign of a fault....
>
> Robert

I hope Robert is right: I know of one camera with a similar note in the
book. It is related to the auto-rotation of images in the LCD viewer, if
I'm not mistaken.

--
Frank ess
Anonymous

Frank ess a dit ça :

> Bill Again wrote:
>> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take
>>> it back to the shop and compare with an identical model.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> David
>>>

>> Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something
>> about this not being a sign of a fault....
>>
>> Robert
>
> I hope Robert is right: I know of one camera with a similar note in
> the book. It is related to the auto-rotation of images in the LCD
> viewer, if I'm not mistaken.

the Z10 doesn't have any orientation sensor...
and the user guide doesn't talk about any noise inside the camera.
--
Cordialement,
Alf92

Here you are, under "Trouble-shooting"....

14: The camera will make sounds caused by internal mechanical movement when
it is shaken.

Answer: The sound arises when the lens moves. This is not a malfunction.

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Robert.

"Alf92" <alf92[NO-SPAM]@freesurf.fr> wrote in message
> Frank ess a dit ça :
>
>> Bill Again wrote:
>>> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor@invalid.com> wrote in message

>>> Have you checked the manual, I seem to recall it saying something
>>> about this not being a sign of a fault....
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> I hope Robert is right: I know of one camera with a similar note in
>> the book. It is related to the auto-rotation of images in the LCD
>> viewer, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> the Z10 doesn't have any orientation sensor...
> and the user guide doesn't talk about any noise inside the camera.
> --
> Cordialement,
> Alf92

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 3:01:41 AM

Bill Again a dit ça :

> Here you are, under "Trouble-shooting"....
>
> 14: The camera will make sounds caused by internal mechanical
> movement when it is shaken.
>
> Answer: The sound arises when the lens moves. This is not a
> malfunction.
>
> I knew I had read it somewhere.
>
> Robert.

I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise !
It is normal.

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Alf92

Alf92 wrote:
[]
> I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise !
> It is normal.
>
> Thanks.

Oh, well. That's good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.

Cheers,
David
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 7:14:19 PM

David J Taylor a dit ça :

> Alf92 wrote:
> []
>> I went to the shop and I compare with other Z10 : same strange noise
>> ! It is normal.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Oh, well. That's good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.

As we say in France "de rien !"
I think it's normal when you have the answer to share it.

regards,
--
Alf92 http://frpn.free.fr
July 18, 2005 5:04:57 PM

In article <33qcs0F43eq5dU1@individual.net>, david-taylor@invalid.com says...
> Alf92 wrote:
> > Hello !
> >
> > When I shake my new Minolta Z10 from back to front and front to back,
> > I ear a little noise inside, just like a piece of plastic travelling
> > inside (it seems to be near the viewfinder, but it's dificult to
> > locate...) I borrough about that...
> > Is it normal ?
>
> I don't know, but it doesn't sound normal to me. I suggest you take it
> back to the shop and compare with an identical model.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Orientation sensor???

most of those rattle some