Install add-ins WHS 2011?

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
How do I do it? From what I read, you can do it remotely or within the console, but there aren't any good instructions that I can find. Specifically I'm trying to install PS3 media server and possibly xbmc. Thanks.

beathbarb2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

Is this an answer to my question below?

I am new to this. My question is about buying a router for home use. At home I have wireless internet. I want to buy and hook up a cheap but best in that range wired router to hook my telephone devices into for example Magic Jack Plus. I am looking at the wired because I have been told for telephone, Tv, video devices you get the clearest reception with the wired routers. Now I don't even now if it is possible to hook a wired router to a wireless internet. I really need some specific direction before I purchase one . I now that the Magic Jack needs 128 kb/s upload. But I think that has more to do with my server right. So please feel free to make direct specific suggestions. For example I would buy............ Thank you Lost in the world of cyber space. Barb Beath

I have Wireless Internet that is ISP (Canada Bell Sympatico) that I access the web wirelessly through a box of some sort a modem or maybe a router. I am not home right now I am down south in the USA so I can not check it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is a completely different issue and you should start your own thread. BTW, almost all wireless routers have wired ports, so there is NO reason to have 2 routers.

TRENDING THREADS