3D Pinball Game - Space Cadet

What's the deal with this. It's the best game included with XP to me, yet I
can't find it after accidentally erasing it. I went to the Windows
components dialog box and it is not listed with the other games for
reinstallation; for that matter neither are a number of other ones - the
interactive games on the web, you know checkers, chess, backgammon etc. How
do I get this favorite game of mine reinstalled on my system.
2 answers Last reply
More about pinball game space cadet

    If you open Windows Explorer, click the plus (+) sign next to My Computer,
    then the same on Local Drive (C:) to open the folder structure. Navigate
    to the C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball directory folder and locate the
    pinball.exe file. Right-click/Drag the listing to your desktop and Drop it.
    The move will give you a new menu, so select Create Shortcuts Here. You'll
    be all set.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    "everett williams" <lewchey@juno.com> wrote in message
    > What's the deal with this. It's the best game included with XP to me, yet
    > I can't find it after accidentally erasing it. I went to the Windows
    > components dialog box and it is not listed with the other games for
    > reinstallation; for that matter neither are a number of other ones - the
    > interactive games on the web, you know checkers, chess, backgammon etc.
    > How do I get this favorite game of mine reinstalled on my system.

    everett williams rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.games:

    > What's the deal with this. It's the best game included with XP to me, yet
    > can't find it after accidentally erasing it. I went to the Windows
    > components dialog box and it is not listed with the other games for
    > reinstallation; for that matter neither are a number of other ones - the
    > interactive games on the web, you know checkers, chess, backgammon etc.
    How
    > do I get this favorite game of mine reinstalled on my system.

    Click start run and type in C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf look for the line
    Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7 and remove the word HIDE so it
    looks like Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7 then run add windows
    components and it'll be listed under games. Do the same for
    ZoneGames=zoneoc.dll,ZoneSetupProc,igames.inf,,7

Games Windows XP