Sign in with
Your question

Spilled something NEAR my pc, am I okay?

Last response: in Systems
February 11, 2013 1:46:07 AM

there was a drop right in front of the case, the rest spilled about a few feet away from the tower. I cleaned it all up now, I rebooted the pc, and everything seems fine (temps, voltages, etc). Is it?

thanks!

edit: it was tea

More about : spilled

a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2013 1:53:13 AM

if no liquid got in the pc case your ok ,be carefull next you maybe not so lucky .
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:58:06 AM

scout_03 said:
if no liquid got in the pc case your ok ,be carefull next you maybe not so lucky .

how much liquid, and how would I know if some got in?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2013 2:03:39 AM

open the side of the case and look if nothing seams wet where the spill occur you would only take a few drops at the wrong place on the motherboard and your system is out .
m
l
February 11, 2013 2:08:39 AM

scout_03 said:
open the side of the case and look if nothing seams wet where the spill occur you would only take a few drops at the wrong place on the motherboard and your system is out .

I also forgot to mention that the front of my case is mesh, and the side of my case where the spill occurred is solid metal. Do you think I'm still fine?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 11, 2013 6:31:18 PM

spill on solid metal so nothing went inside then your ok , but i would open the side of the case to be shure that nothing came from the mesh in the front .
m
l
!