Solved

Trouble overclocking GTX680 help pla!

I have a GTX680 Msi Twin Frozr iii and i am having trouble overclocking it. I am using MSI afterburner 2.2.3v. Anyway heres how its set up core voltage at +o. I hear people saying that 1.75v is recommend but when i move the slider is shows +1-50ish. Then its power limit which stock is at 100 and i put it to 106%. Core clock is +100mhz and memory is + 400mhz. When i play Guildwars 2 and 15min in game under a little stress the screen goes black for 3sec then lags a little then normal. However the GPU goes back to stock. I run Furmark and there are no artifacts. I run heaven benchmark and halfway in the same thing as GW2 happens. Someone please recommend what i should do. Or should i sell this card to my friend for $400 (bought for 450) and buy a GIGABYTE GTX670 for $400 so maybe later on i can SLI? I feel like this GPU is under performance.. Thank you.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about trouble overclocking gtx680
  1. PS the card does not overheat. It never goes over 60 C.
  2. Best answer
    that card is already overclocked, its not surprising you cant get a whole lot more out of it. +100 to the core is right near the max on these cards since the autoboost would put it upto about 1250.
  3. Ohhh true true, should i replace it then with a GIGABYTE 670? Cause i heard you can OC them to 1200? Or is my card fine? Thanks.
  4. Best answer selected by Ahlers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Graphics MSI-Microstar